You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, June 16, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Everyone’s favorite pastry now has a dedicated event! The DTLA Donut Festival taking place at Union Station featuring donuts tastings, live fry demonstrations, chef-led workshops, coffee tastings and much more.
2. [noon] The Cat Art Show continues at Think Tank Gallery in DTLA.
3. [noon] L.A. Beer Week marks its 2018 return with over 90 independent craft breweries, live music and tons of entertainment at Los Angeles Center Studios.
4. [noon] Smokin’ Grooves the ultimate R&B and hip-hop blend festival is coming to The Queen Mary in Long Beach with Erykah Badu, The Roots with Busta Rhymes, Jhene Aiko, Miguel and much more on the bill.
5. [noon] Vegan Playground is coming to DTLA for a full day of vegan energy with a curated selection of more than 80 vegan vendors, a beer, wine, spirits and kombucha garden, music and performances, speaker panels, art installations, a roller rink and, of course, a playground.
6. [2 p.m.] For the 4th year in a row, the KTOWN Night Market is returning to Koreatown for a weekend (June 15-16) of live music performances, delicious food offerings and trendy Korean-beauty shopping.
7. [6:30 p.m.] Celebrate summer when the City of Rancho Palos Verdes brings back Free Movies in the Park. These screenings of recent blockbuster films will take place at three different parks in RPV. The June 16 screening is the animated feature Despicable Me.
8. [7 p.m.] HUSHfest returns for 2018, with five different Silent Disco events taking place on Saturday nights throughout the summer (starting June 16) at the Santa Monica Pier.
9. [7 p.m.] La Bulla: A Lucha Libre Experience taking place at Plaza De La Raza Cultural Center in Lincoln Heights is a celebration of Mexican style wrestling. The evening will also include an art show featuring more than 100 artists; a fashion show; a live art competition, numerous arts and crafts vendors; lots of food for sale; movie screenings; a photography exhibit; and live lucha matches. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [7:30 p.m.] KCRW Summer Nights heads to One Colorado Old Pasadena with a free performance by shey baba and KCRW DJ Chris Douridas. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $22 tix to see Father John Misty at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.