You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, June 17, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Beyond the Streets is a fully immersive exhibition of street and graffiti art comprised of over 30 artist in a massive 40,000+ square feet exhibits. Artist are an eclectic mix of street and beyond including Retna, Shepard Fairey, Kenny Scharf Dennis Hopper and Jenny Holzer. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [11 a.m.] Free family flick at The Hammer Museum: A League of Their Own. FREE
3. [noon] Family Garden Workshop: In Celebration of Father’s Day at Hauser & Wirth. FREE
4. [noon] The Cat Art Show continues at Think Tank Gallery in DTLA.
5. [1 p.m.] Greenbar Distillery will throw an open house and BBQ on Sunday in honor of Fathers Day. The celebratory afternoon will feature free tastings from Greenbar’s selection of organic crafted spirits, a casual education on the process of distilling craft liquors and delicious BBQ served in the distillery’s parking lot.
6. [2 p.m.] Catch matinee performance of the critically acclaimed Long Days Journey Into Night at The Wallis starring Jeremy Irons and Lesley Manville.
7. [4 p.m.] Shakespeare’s most magical play, A Midsummer Night’s Dream returns to the Will Geer Theatricum Botanicum in Topanga Canyon for 12 performances throughout the summer, from June 3-September 3. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [6 p.m.] E.P. & L.P. in West Hollywood continues their stylish cinema series Melrose Rooftop Theatre with a screening of Anchorman.
9. [7 p.m.] Flying Lotus and Little Dragon will take the stage of the Hollywood Bowl when KCRW’s World Festival returns for a 20th year at the popular outdoor concert venue.
10. [various] Still thinking about where to take dad this Father’s Day? Take a peek at the 15 great dining options for Fathers Day in Los Angeles we compiled.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $22 tix to see Father John Misty at the Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.