You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, June 22, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] The 3rd Annual Angel City Games returns to UCLA June 22 through 25 with the leading adaptive sports festival for people with physical disabilities. Angel City Games is an inclusive competition featuring a celebrity basketball game, a charity fun run & roll, sports clinics, its first-ever Great Games Family Cookout and a fun zone for kids.
2. [6:30 p.m] The Silver Lake Picture Show returns on June 22 with free outdoor movie screenings in the heart of Silver Lake at Sunset Triangle Plaza. This week: Cool Runnings. FREE
3. [7 p.m.] The Wiltern will screen Fight Club with a live musical score and music performed by special guests, Gabriel McNair (No Doubt), Angel Roche (musician and former bandmate of Dave Navarro) and more. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [7 p.m.] KCRW’s 2017 edition of Summer Nights is a free all ages outdoor music series happening throughout the summer. This Tuesday they’ll take over the Santa Monica Pier with Khalid + Bibi Bourelly. FREE
5. [8 p.m.] Shakespeare By The Sea returns with free performances for the summer. This week (June 22-23) they’ll be performing Macbeth at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro. While admission is free encourage donations to help support the play. FREE
6. [dusk] Summer Movie Fest at Cal State Northridge is a free weekly movie night taking place at dusk on CSUN’s Oviatt Library Lawn. The series continues with Selena. FREE
7. [8:30 p.m.] City of San Gabriel’s annual Summer Night concerts & movies returns this week with “Movie in the Park” screening SING at Vincent Lugo Park. FREE
8. [various.] Free museum day at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) FREE
9. [various] BET Experience is a four-day showcase of the best in music, comedy and entertainment. The event, which features both free and ticketed events, takes place at L.A. Live in Downtown Los Angeles from June 22-25 featuring Snoop Dogg, Wiz Khalifa, Kid Cudi, A$AP Rocky, Gucci Mane, BBD (Bell Biv DeVoe) and more.
10. [various Los Angeles Beer Week (June 17-25) is back! Now in its ninth year the week will feature dozens of beer-centric events over nine days in numerous locations all over the Southland.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $14 tix for the California Watermelon Festival (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.