You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, June 28, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [3 p.m.] Metro Art Presents “The Poet is In,” an interactive poetry experience taking place on Union Station’s North Patio this Friday from 3 – 6 p.m. A dozen local poets will interact with station visitors to create personalized poems based on the conversations. FREE
2. [5 p.m.] Summer Nights in the Garden returns to the Natural History Museum this weekend. Sip garden-inspired cocktails, listen to live music, take garden tours and more. Tickets are free to this series and can be obtained online. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Friday Night Block Party at L.A. LIVE presented by Absolut features 20+ pop-up shops, live art and street performers and select $5 food and drink menus at participating L.A. LIVE restaurants. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] The Los Angeles Zoo’s annual after-hours music series, Roaring Nights, is back for summer 2019. Come experience a party atmosphere featuring DJs, bands, a Silent Disco combined with animal talks and feedings plus a number of food trucks. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [7 p.m.] The Music Center’s Dance DTLA features live music and/or DJs paired with expert dance instructors providing beginner group dance lessons for attendees. Each night has a different dance theme. The series continues with a Bachata theme on the Grand Park Performance Lawn. Dance DTLA continues on select Fridays through August 30. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] KCRW’s Summer Nights brings free, all-ages shows to some of the most iconic venues and cultural centers in Los Angeles all summer long. They continue this Friday at CAAM with KCRW DJs Garth Trinidad + Aaron Byrd. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] The Sorting Room nightclub housed within the Wallis Center’s Lovelace Studio Center presents a new season of unpredictable performances from poets, composers, jazz singers, cabaret veterans and more in a variety of genres alongside happy hour drink specials. Happening Wednesday through Saturday.
8. [8 p.m.] The Game Changers Outdoor Movie Screening Series comes to The Ford Theatres in Hollywood June 27 – 30 for four-nights of groundbreaking cinema and television underneath the stars. Presented by the SAG-AFTRA Foundation, the goal of the series is to showcase media that has impacted diversity and narrative storytelling in monumental ways. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8 p.m.] Shakespeare by the Sea performs Henry V at Point Fermin Park in San Pedro.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Celebrate the 4th of July at OUE Skyspace LA! Enjoy one of the most scenic views of multiple fireworks displays in Southern California.