You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, July 10, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5:15 p.m.] Join the Los Angeles Conservancy for a walking tour of City Hall.
2. [6 p.m.] FIGat7th welcomes the 13th Annual Dog Day an evening of mingling, music and pet focused vendors. SPCALA will also be on hand to give low-cost vaccines for dogs.
3. [6 p.m.] The City of Pasadena hosts Parks After Dark a season of free activities including sports, fitness classes, arts & crafts and much more offered to youth, families and individuals every Thursday through Saturday from July 10 through August 10. FREE
4. [6:30 p.m.] The historic Wilshire Ebell Theatre will host a special screening of A League of Their Own. A pre-party in the Ebell garden with complimentary appetizers, a selfie booth and cash bar is included in the ticket. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [7 p.m.] Back for the 16th year in a row, The Independent Shakespeare Co. presents Shakespeare in the Park at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park with a free performance of Twelfth Night on Wednesday and Friday. FREE
6. [7:55 p.m.] Griffith Observatory offers a Sunset Walk & Talk one evening a month led by a Park Ranger and museum guide. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] The Hollywood Bowl welcomes Tony Bennett to their iconic outdoor amphitheater this Wednesday and Cyndi Lauper on Friday and Saturday.
8. [8 p.m.] Apollo 11: The Immersive Live Show retells the tale of the first moon landing using 40,000 square feet of 360-degree graphics beaming from 32 total projectors, and an almost full-scale replica of the mylar-draped Command Module Columbia. And of course the timing couldn’t be more perfect, with the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission coming up later this month. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8 p.m.] The Spare Room welcomes back Evening of Tiki a one night collaboration with the best and brightest cocktail talent from around the world . Happening once a month from May through September, beverage director Yael Vengroff will work alongside each guest bartender to create an over-the-top tiki-inspired menu. The Spare Room will also have a food menu, DJs and special guests for each night.
10. [9 p.m.] Plan C a free comedy show happening on the second Wednesday of every month at The York in Highland Park returns for a round of progressive laughs starting at 9 p.m. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $17 tix to Roaring Nights at the LA Zoo (via Goldstar)