You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, July 11, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] The Hammer museum will host a live broadcast of the FIFA World Cup this Tuesday and Wednesday during the semifinals. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] Viewing party at Zebulon for FIFA World Cup 2018 semifinals: England vs. Croatia. FREE
3. [5:30 p.m.] Join the Los Angeles Conservancy for a walking tour of City Hall. The building celebrates its 90th anniversary this year!
4. [6 p.m.] 12th Annual Dog Day at the Cathedral of Our Lady of Angels.
5. [7 p.m.] Underground Jazz Sessions at the Continental Club.
6. [7 p.m.] Back for the 15th year in a row, The Independent Shakespeare Co. presents Shakespeare in the Park at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park with free performances Wednesday through Sunday of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Shakespeare By The Sea will once again offer a ten-week program of admission-free performances. The series continues with performances of The Winter’s Tale at Valley Park in Hermosa Beach on Wednesday.
8. [8 p.m.] Perfect for dog lovers, Mutt House is a musical centered around a doomed animal shelter, a boy named Eddie and six zany mutts working together to save the shelter they all call home. Performing at the Kirk Douglas Theatre in Culver City from July 15 through August 5 with previews beginning this week on July 10.
9. [8:30 p.m.] Watch classic movies outdoors while savoring ice-cream when Sweet Rose Creamery in Studio City welcomes the return of its free summer movie series. The series continues with a screening of Say Anything. FREE
10. [9 p.m.] There’s an Enchanted Tiki Bar Takeover with the top notch bartenders of Texas Tiki Disco at The Spare Room during their 7th Annual Evening of Tiki series. Happening one night a month now till September, the series highlights tiki bar culture through talents from all over the globe and locally.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $25 tix to Brew at the Zoo (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.