You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, July 14, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Hecho in LA and Smorgasburg LA will put on a mercado featuring diverse artisans and makers along side 50+ regular pop up vendors and a family friendly I Love Micheladas Beer Garden.
2. [10:45 a.m.] Sunday Yoga + Meditation at Angel City Brewery is a donation based event happening every week. The recommended donation is between $15-$20 and includes one free drink at the brewery.
3. [11 a.m.] A colorful, winding installation called The Second Home Serpentine Pavilion is now open at the La Brea Tar Pits for the summer and its 100% free for the public to roam and explore. The pavilion is open daily and will run through November 24. FREE
4. [noon] The South Bay Greek Festival is a three-day affair at St. Katherine’s Greek Orthodox Church in Redondo Beach offering lots of Greek food, traditional dance, music and more.
5. [noon] The 39th Lotus Festival returns to Echo Park Lake with two days of cultural festivities focused on celebrating Thailand. There will be a food court, a Thai pavilion, handcrafted artwork, origami workshops, dragon boat races, and more. FREE
6. [noon] The monthly East LA Art Walk returns this month to highlight independent artists, muralists, crafters and local businesses from the Eastside and its surrounding neighborhoods. This event is put on by the East LA Business Association of the 1st St corridor and is designed to be family friendly.
7. [3:45 p.m.] Manhattan Beach Concerts in the Park presents Queen Nation at Polliwog Park. FREE
8. [4 p.m.] 2nd Annual Tamal Festival with two-time GRAMMY-winning Mariachi Divas will perform as part of the Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles concert series. FREE
9. [6:30 p.m.] Concerts on the Green in Woodland Hills continues their free concert series with Led Zepagain this Sunday. FREE
10. [various] dineL.A. Restaurant Week returns for a 15-day dining event that highlights the diverse and exciting culinary experiences Los Angeles has to offer. On July 12 – 26, patrons can enjoy specially-priced lunch and dinner menus at over 400 participating restaurants throughout the city. Peek our rundown of The Best $15 Menus During dineL.A. (July 12-26) You Have to Try for starters.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $12.50 tix to the upcoming LA County Fair