You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, July 13, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] The South Bay Greek Festival is a three-day affair at St. Katherine’s Greek Orthodox Church in Redondo Beach offering lots of Greek food, traditional dance, music and more.
2. [noon] The 39th Lotus Festival returns to Echo Park Lake with two days of cultural festivities focused on celebrating Thailand. There will be a food court, a Thai pavilion, handcrafted artwork, origami workshops, dragon boat races, and more. FREE
3. [1 p.m.] Thrillist Taco Knockout 2019 invite you to indulge on tacos from Los Angeles taquerias, sip on micheladas and cervezas then place your vote on which taco purveyor reigns supreme.
4. [1 p.m.] Concha Con 2019 is a fun filled day celebrating the latin sweetbread. Happening at Plaza De La Raza the event will feature conchas from local panaderias as well as other snacks, cooking demos, pan dulce art and installations, a Latinx mercado, music, dance, kids crafts and a Concha Fashion Show.
5. [2 p.m.] The Get Around is a free massive art walk covering 3.5 miles and featuring over 150 artists, Burning Man themed bars, an art playground, live painting battles, giant unicorns, and more running along Venice Blvd. FREE
6. [4 p.m.] Tiki Night returns to the Egyptian Theatre this Saturday with a tiki marketplace, a tiki Bar, tiki cuisine, tiki music, Polynesian dancers and film screenings that salute the 60th anniversary of Hawaii’s statehood.
7. [7 p.m.] The Queen Mary hosts Rock the Queen, a throwback to the British Invasion of the 1960’s and 1980’s featuring some of Southern California’s top tribute bands such as The Who Generation, Britain’s Finest and The Cured. Fans will have access to The Queen Mary and there will be games, multiple bars, and an outdoor pub style courtyard.
8. [7:30 p.m.] Sierra Madre Shakespeare Festival 2019 returns for its fifth year with the comedy “Much Ado About Nothing” at Sierra Madre Memorial Park. Guests are encouraged to bring blankets, lawn chairs, and picnics as they enjoy the show. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] KCRW’s Summer Nights series stops by Chinatown with KCRW DJs Jason Bentley and Garth Trinidad. FREE
10. [various] dineL.A. Restaurant Week returns for a 15-day dining event that highlights the diverse and exciting culinary experiences Los Angeles has to offer. On July 12 – 26, patrons can enjoy specially-priced lunch and dinner menus at over 400 participating restaurants throughout the city. Peek our rundown of The Best $15 Menus During dineL.A. (July 12-26) You Have to Try for starters.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Summer Nights at Skyspace feature drink specials, incredible late-night views of L.A., and DJ-spun music all night long.