You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, July 12, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [5 p.m.] The South Bay Greek Festival is a three-day affair at St. Katherine’s Greek Orthodox Church in Redondo Beach offering lots of Greek food, traditional dance, music and more.
2. [5 p.m.] Summer Nights in the Garden returns to the Natural History Museum this weekend. Sip garden-inspired cocktails, listen to live music, take garden tours and more. Tickets are free to this series and can be obtained online. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] The City of Pasadena hosts Parks After Dark a season of free activities including sports, fitness classes, arts & crafts and much more offered to youth, families and individuals every Thursday through Saturday from July 10 through August 10. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] The Music Center’s Dance DTLA features live music and/or DJs paired with expert dance instructors providing beginner group dance lessons for attendees. Each night has a different dance theme. The series continues with Hip-Hop (new for 2019) at Grand Park/Performance Lawn. Dance DTLA continues on select Fridays through August 30. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Back for the 16th year in a row, The Independent Shakespeare Co. presents Shakespeare in the Park at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park with a free performance of Twelfth Night on Wednesday and Friday. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer’s series Catch a Thrill! Celebrating 10 Years of the American Genre Film Archive will screen late 1980’s Mexican horror flick Don’t Panic.
7. [8 p.m.] Caltech Astronomy invites the public to sit in on a stargazing and lecture event this Friday at 8 p.m. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Apollo 11: The Immersive Live Show retells the tale of the first moon landing using 40,000 square feet of 360-degree graphics beaming from 32 total projectors, and an almost full-scale replica of the mylar-draped Command Module Columbia. And of course the timing couldn’t be more perfect, with the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission coming up later this month. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [8:30 p.m.] Old Pasadena Summer Cinema screens Clueless at One Colorado on Friday. FREE
10. [various] dineL.A. Restaurant Week returns for a 15-day dining event that highlights the diverse and exciting culinary experiences Los Angeles has to offer. On July 12 – 26, patrons can enjoy specially-priced lunch and dinner menus at over 400 participating restaurants throughout the city. Peek our rundown of The Best $15 Menus During dineL.A. (July 12-26) You Have to Try for starters.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $17 tix to Roaring Nights at the LA Zoo (via Goldstar)