You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, July 20, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4 p.m.] 626 Night Market returns for three nights of deliciousness at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia.
2. [5 p.m.] The La Brea Tar Pits and Museum will host Late Night Fridays where guests can enjoy free general admission from 5 to 8 p.m. and gain access to special activities, 3D movies, behind-the-scenes tours, live excavations, and more. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] WP24 by Wolfgang Puck’s Summer Supper + Show returns every Friday and Saturday, July through August, with a Asian-inspired dinner at WP24 by Wolfgang Puck followed by a movie screening on the private 26th floor hotel rooftop. This weekend they’ll screen 1995’s Jumanji. Dinner seatings begin at 6 p.m. and the movie screens around 8 p.m.
4. [6 p.m.] Roaring Nights at the LA Zoo.
5. [6 p.m.] Odd Nights at the Autry features 22 gourmet food trucks, a full bar, mobile boutiques and pop-up shops from local makers, and live music from emerging artists.
6. [7 p.m.] The Music Center’s annual Dance DTLA series is back for 2018 with a series of Friday-night events at Grand Park. This week features Dance DTLA an evening focused on salsa. Enjoy music, dancing, and more starting at 7 p.m . FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Delicious Little Tokyo 2018 (July 20-21) is a food and drink event taking place on the streets of Little Tokyo, from local establishments.
8. [8 p.m.] Salsa at the Station returns to Los Angeles’ Union Station. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] As part of their summer line-up, the Hollywood Bowl is hosting a rendition of the thrilling cult classic Jaws for two nights on July 20 and 21.
10. [8:30 p.m.] Outfest Under the Stars is four nights (July 18-21) of LGBTQ films at Hollywood”s Ford Theatres. The series will screen Bad Reputation, Wild Nights with Emily and more.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix to see The Decemberists at The Greek (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.