You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, July 23, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] CRYSTALLINE: Brazil’s Crystal Giants is the latest exhibition at Rhythm Visuals Gallery in DTLA. The exhibit showcases a bevy of Brazil’s biggest gems, including a 2000-pound Amethyst Violet Throne you can actually sit on. The gallery is open Tuesday-Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2. [5 p.m.] The 11th Annual Taste of Farmers Market comes to 3rd Street and Fairfax featuring an evening of bites from over 50 of the market’s top-rated restaurants, grocers and eateries. Tickets include food samplings, firehouse chili tastes prepared by firefighter chefs, beer and wine sips plus two non-alcoholic drinks and free parking.
3. [6 p.m.] There’s a Jurassic Park themed birthday party for Modern Times’ 6th anniversary at Tony’s Darts Away.
4. [6 p.m.] Tuxedo (Mayer Hawthorne & Jake One) celebrate their latest release with a show at Amoeba Hollywood.
5. [7 p.m] The Central Courtyard at Hollywood & Highland hosts free concerts every Tuesday in July as part of the 16th annual Subaru Summer Jazz Nights. This Tuesday Bria Skonberg performs. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] An Evening With Common at The GRAMMY Museum.
7. [8 p.m.] Apollo 11: The Immersive Live Show retells the tale of the first moon landing using 40,000 square feet of 360-degree graphics beaming from 32 total projectors, and an almost full-scale replica of the mylar-draped Command Module Columbia. And of course the timing couldn’t be more perfect, with the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission coming up later this month. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach brings a summer-long series of free outdoor movie screenings on the shores of the LBC to three different locations near Downtown Long Beach and Belmont Shore. The series continues with Aquaman at Granada Beach this Tuesday. Note that screenings happen on select Tuesdays and Thursdays through August 20. FREE
9. [various] Outfest Los Angeles LGBTQ Film Festival returns on July 18 – 28 for eleven days of world-class films, panels, and parties. More than 150 feature and short films will be screened.
10. [various] dineL.A. Restaurant Week returns for a 15-day dining event that highlights the diverse and exciting culinary experiences Los Angeles has to offer. On July 12 – 26, patrons can enjoy specially-priced lunch and dinner menus at over 400 participating restaurants throughout the city. Peek our rundown of The Best $15 Menus During dineL.A. (July 12-26) You Have to Try for starters.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $45 tix to see Blink 182 and Lil Wayne at The Forum (via Goldstar)