You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, July 25, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] CRYSTALLINE: Brazil’s Crystal Giants is the latest exhibition at Rhythm Visuals Gallery in DTLA. The exhibit showcases a bevy of Brazil’s biggest gems, including a 2000-pound Amethyst Violet Throne you can actually sit on. The gallery is open Tuesday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., with a closing event on Saturday from 12 to 6 p.m.
2. [4 p.m] Enjoy free family-friendly outdoor movies in Malibu thanks to Screen on the Green every Thursday through August 15. This week The Sandlot will be screened. FREE
3. [5 p.m.] It’s Tiki Night at The Mixing Room as their DTLA patio gets transformed into a tropical oasis this Thursday with island inspired cocktails, food plus DJ tunes. FREE
4. [5:30 p.m.] Sizzling Summer Nights at The Autry happens every Thursday. Enjoy live music, dance lessons with an instructor, access to museum galleries, and a separate children’s dance floor, plus tacos, margaritas, and other light refreshments (available for purchase.) Sizzling Nights continue weekly through August 22.
5. [6:30 p.m.] KCRW’s Summer Nights series stops by the Hammer Museum with a performance by The Tracks book-ended by KCRW DJs José Galván and Travis Holcombe. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] LA Plaza de Cultura y Artess presents Sabor a México Tropical a hands-on cooking class taught by chef and food anthropologist, Paola Briseño Gonzalez. You will learn the secrets of mastering coastal dishes like fish ceviche and coconut Michelada.
7. [7 p.m.] Thirsty Classics An evening of Classic Cocktails + Classic Films happening at Alcove in Los Feliz takes place in their private garden patio where guests will be treated to a screening of Some Like It Hot, Maker’s Mark bourbon cocktails plus popcorn.
8. [7:30 p.m.] Night Dive at the Aquarium of the Pacific is an 18+ party inside the aquarium featuring DJs, food trucks, cocktails and art alongside sea life.
9. [various] Outfest Los Angeles LGBTQ Film Festival returns on July 18 – 28 for eleven days of world-class films, panels, and parties. More than 150 feature and short films will be screened.
10. [various] dineL.A. Restaurant Week returns for a 15-day dining event that highlights the diverse and exciting culinary experiences Los Angeles has to offer. On July 12 – 26, patrons can enjoy specially-priced lunch and dinner menus at over 400 participating restaurants throughout the city. Peek our rundown of The Best $15 Menus During dineL.A. (July 12-26) You Have to Try for starters.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $45 tix to see Blink 182 and Lil Wayne at The Forum (via Goldstar)