You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, July 24, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] CRYSTALLINE: Brazil’s Crystal Giants is the latest exhibition at Rhythm Visuals Gallery in DTLA. The exhibit showcases a bevy of Brazil’s biggest gems, including a 2000-pound Amethyst Violet Throne you can actually sit on. The gallery is open Tuesday-Friday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., with a closing event on Saturday from 12 to 6 p.m.
2. [5:15 p.m.] Join the Los Angeles Conservancy for a walking tour of City Hall.
3. [7 p.m.] Dublab + Leaving Records live at The Standard.
4. [7 p.m] Shakespeare By The Sea will once again offer a ten-week program of admission-free performances with two featured productions. On Wednesday the series continues with a performance of The Comedy of Errors at Roxbury Park in Beverly Hills.. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] The Griffith Observatory concludes their celebration of Apollo 11 with the All Space Considered team recapping the monumental history of the Apollo 11 mission. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] Letters To Our City – Presented By Unheard L.A. at the Crawford Family Forum.
7. [8 p.m.] Apollo 11: The Immersive Live Show retells the tale of the first moon landing using 40,000 square feet of 360-degree graphics beaming from 32 total projectors, and an almost full-scale replica of the mylar-draped Command Module Columbia. And of course the timing couldn’t be more perfect, with the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission coming up later this month. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [8 p.m.] POW! WOW! Long Beach – one of the largest mural events in the nation returns to Long Beach for a week-long festival highlighting murals by local and international artists, hosting special events and more. The public art experience is free and open to the public. On Wednesday the series will host an outdoor movie screening at Belmont Shore.
9. [various] Outfest Los Angeles LGBTQ Film Festival returns on July 18 – 28 for eleven days of world-class films, panels, and parties. More than 150 feature and short films will be screened.
10. [various] dineL.A. Restaurant Week returns for a 15-day dining event that highlights the diverse and exciting culinary experiences Los Angeles has to offer. On July 12 – 26, patrons can enjoy specially-priced lunch and dinner menus at over 400 participating restaurants throughout the city. Peek our rundown of The Best $15 Menus During dineL.A. (July 12-26) You Have to Try for starters.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $45 tix to see Blink 182 and Lil Wayne at The Forum (via Goldstar)