You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, July 28, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] The 2019 Long Beach Dragon Boat Festival comes to Marine Stadium in Long Beach July 27 – 28 for two days of excitement by the water featuring one of the largest dragon boat competitions in California plus Chinese traditional art demonstrations, Chinese Acrobats, martial arts performances and more. FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Smorgasburg LA’s 3rd Annual Ice Cream Alley returns bigger and better than ever with awesome scoop vendors, one-of-a-kind collaborations, plus its own dedicated beer garden with extended hours until 6 p.m. Happening every Sunday through September 1.
3. [11 a.m.] Grab a free sandwich at The Boys’ Butcher Shop, open this weekend only on Fairfax. This temporary an immersive collaboration via Amazon Prime Video and Chef Ludovic Lefebvre in celebration of Amazon’s new gritty superhero series, The Boys. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] 24th Annual Central Avenue Jazz Festival July 27-28 celebrates the legacy of the Historic Central Avenue through a two-day festival featuring three musical stages, food offerings, and art. The event takes place along Central Avenue between MLK Blvd. and Vernon. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Peruvian Fest Los Angeles comes to Plaza de la Raza on Sunday to celebrate Peruvian Independence Day with a festival featuring all facets of Peruvian culture like food, traditional drinks, as well as Peruvian music and dance. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [11 a.m.] The Venice Beach Festival will be held July 27 and 28 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. along the Venice Beach Boardwalk Windward Plaza and will feature food, local entertainment, live music, fashion trucks, vendors, and community booths. FREE
7. [noon] Long Beach Crawfish Festival comes to the Rainbow Lagoon in Long Beach July 26 – 28 for a crustacean-centric, weekend-long celebration where chefs will prepare true, Louisiana-style crawfish along with other cajun delicacies. Festival highlights include the Second Line Dancing Parade, live entertainment, a Karaoke Lounge with a live band, and of course, crawfish prepared Louisiana style in the world’s largest crawfish pots. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [2 p.m.] Ethiopia Day (an Ethiopian-themed festival) as part of the Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles concert series. FREE
9. [5:30 p.m.] The Getty Villa’s Bacchus Uncorked series returns with engaging programs focused on art, wine and culture in the ancient world. This Sunday they’ll host Bacchus Uncorked: Wine and the Senses a talk and wine tasting that bridges ancient philosophy and modern neuroscience.
10. [8 p.m.] Nic Harcourt presents an evening of Mexican electronica headlined by Kinky with special guest Mexican Institute of Sound at the Ford Theatres this Sunday as part of its IGNITE @ the FORD! series.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $45 tix to see Blink 182 and Lil Wayne at The Forum (via Goldstar)