You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, July 31, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The Hello Kitty Cafe Truck stops by The Citadel Outlets July 29 through August 4 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. serving lots of super cute treats while supplies last.
2. [5 p.m.] The Hammer will host screenings of the Democratic Presidential Debate round one (Tuesday) and two (Wednesday) on the big screen followed by a roundtable discussion with political experts. FREE
3. [5 p.m.] It’s a Bob’s Burgers trivia night at the Mermaid this Wednesday. Gather your team, dress in costumes, grab drinks and win some prizes. There’s also a $5.95 burger special for the night.
4. [7 p.m.] HiKing-with-Friends hosts a night hike to the Wisdom Tree. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Back for the 16th year in a row, The Independent Shakespeare Co. presents Shakespeare in the Park at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park with free performances of Pericles Wednesday through Saturday and a performance of Twelfth Night on Sunday. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Shakespeare By The Sea hosts a production of Henry V at Garfield Park in South Pasadena. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Apollo 11: The Immersive Live Show retells the tale of the first moon landing using 40,000 square feet of 360-degree graphics beaming from 32 total projectors, and an almost full-scale replica of the mylar-draped Command Module Columbia. And of course the timing couldn’t be more perfect, with the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 mission coming up later this month. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [9 p.m.] Dub Club with Hempress Sativa and the Unconquerebels at Echoplex.
9. [various] The Los Angeles Latino International Film Festival (LALIFF) the largest Latinx film festival in Los Angeles will take over the TCL Chinese Theatre and TCL Chinese July 31 through August 4. Co-founded by actor Edward James Olmos, the festival shines a spotlight on US-born Latinx filmmakers through screenings and world premieres, plus shorts, special events, Latinx podcasts and more.
10. [various] The Summer Playwrights Festival will showcase 38 plays in eight days from July 28 through Sunday August 4 at the Road on Lankershim in the Historic Lankershim Arts Center in North Hollywood.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $45 tix to see Blink 182 and Lil Wayne at The Forum (via Goldstar)