You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, July 6, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] Anime Expo 2019 takes over the Los Angeles Convention Center July 4 – 7, giving anime lovers the opportunity to meet anime creators, sit in on panels, Q&A’s, workshops, experience a maid cafe, video rooms, the manga lounge and more.
2. [11 a.m.] A colorful, winding installation called The Second Home Serpentine Pavilion is now open at the La Brea Tar Pits for the summer and its 100% free for the public to roam and explore. The pavilion is open daily and will run through November 24. FREE
3. [11:30 a.m.] The Long Beach Uptown Jazz Festival takes place at Houghton Park with an incredible line-up of musical talent, food trucks, vendor booths, a Kids’ Zone, and more. FREE
4. [4 p.m.] The 626 Night Market takes over Santa Anita Park July 5-7 for a 3-day market place hosting over 300 vendors plus crafts, arts, games, music, and live entertainment.
5. [3 p.m.] For over 30 years, Grand Performances has offered a variety of performance events at California Plaza, for free. Their 2019 summer series continues with Audacity of Sound an immersive and interactive seven-hour live music street festival. FREE
6. [6 p.m.] Cate Le Bon performs at the Getty Center Courtyard as part of the museum’s Off the 405 summer concert series.
7. [6 p.m.] The Contemporary Irish Arts Center Los Angeles (CIACLA) located at Bergamot Station in Santa Monica will host an evening of film, cocktails and chats celebrating Irish cinema. FREE
8. [7 p.m.] Back for the 16th year in a row, The Independent Shakespeare Co. presents Shakespeare in the Park at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park with free performances of Twelfth Night all weekend. FREE
9. [7:30 p.m.] Sierra Madre Shakespeare Festival 2019 returns for its fifth year with the comedy “Much Ado About Nothing” at Sierra Madre Memorial Park. Guests are encouraged to bring blankets, lawn chairs, and picnics as they enjoy the show. FREE
10. [8:30 p.m.] Old Pasadena Summer Cinema returns with a dozen screening events spread over three-plus weeks at two unique Old Pasadena locations. On Saturday the series screens Captain America: Civil War at One Colorado and Babe at Central Park. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $17 tix to Roaring Nights at the LA Zoo (via Goldstar)