You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, July 7, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [8 a.m.] Anime Expo 2019 takes over the Los Angeles Convention Center July 4 – 7, giving anime lovers the opportunity to meet anime creators, sit in on panels, Q&A’s, workshops, experience a maid cafe, video rooms, the manga lounge and more.
2. [9 a.m.] Get a look at hundreds of classic, hot rods, custom and exotic cars all on display along Honolulu Ave during the 18th Annual Montrose Car Show. There’s also a Montrose Harvest Market and Sidewalk Sale from shops happening. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] A colorful, winding installation called The Second Home Serpentine Pavilion is now open at the La Brea Tar Pits for the summer and its 100% free for the public to roam and explore. The pavilion is open daily and will run through November 24. FREE
4. [noon] Celebrate Ringo Starr’s birthday with the Beatle himself and his very famous friends that include David Lynch, Sheila E, T-Bone Burnett and more at The Capitol Records Tower in Hollywood. Expect celebrities, live performances and a #PeaceandLove moment that will be celebrated worldwide. FREE
5. [3 & 5 p.m.] Mount Wilson Observatory launches its third season of Concert in the Dome special concerts inside its historic 100-inch telescope dome. There will be two musical performances: one at 3 p.m. and the other at 5 p.m. A reception for the artists will follow each performance.
6. [3:45 p.m.] Manhattan Beach Concerts in the Park presents The Petty Breakers at Polliwog Park. FREE
7. [4 p.m.] Gusto Guatemalteco performs as part of the ongoing Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles concert series. FREE
8. [4 p.m.] The 626 Night Market takes over Santa Anita Park July 5-7 for a 3-day market place hosting over 300 vendors plus crafts, arts, games, music, and live entertainment.
9. [7 p.m.] Reggae Night XVIII at the Hollywood Bowl.
10. [7 p.m.] Back for the 16th year in a row, The Independent Shakespeare Co. presents Shakespeare in the Park at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park with free performances of Twelfth Night all weekend. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $17 tix to Roaring Nights at the LA Zoo (via Goldstar)