You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, July 8, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6 a.m.] Alcove, a beloved Los Feliz cafe with one of the most popular patios in the city, is celebrating their 15th anniversary with a summer-long morning coffee happy hour promotion. From June 1 through September 30 guests can pick up a hot cappuccino, latte, brewed coffee or espresso for only $1.50 every day between 6 to 9 a.m. It’s the perfect way to start a summer morning in L.A.
2. [11 a.m.] A colorful, winding installation called The Second Home Serpentine Pavilion is now open at the La Brea Tar Pits for the summer and its 100% free for the public to roam and explore. The pavilion is open daily and will run through November 24. FREE
3. [2 p.m.] After runs in Valencia and Woodland Hills POP SK8, a themed pop-up outdoor roller-skating rink opens this Saturday at Westfield Culver City, running through August 4. Keep in mind every day is a different theme so check their schedule.
4. [6 p.m.] Players Wanted: Spider Man – A Themed Game Night at Scum and Villainy Cantina.
5. [6:30 p.m.] There’s a free Mindful Yoga on the Beach series in the South Sand of the Manhattan Beach Pier this Monday at 6:30 p.m. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Amanda Castro Band performs at Central Park in Whittier as part of the city’s 2019 summer concert series. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] Start your week with a free Jam Session at the Ford Theatres. This week’s focus: Mexican folk dancing led by San Fernando’s Ballet Folklorico Ollin. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] Rant & Rave Chapter 98: Sweat at Rogue Machine Theater.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $17 tix to Roaring Nights at the LA Zoo (via Goldstar)