You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, August 13, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] A colorful, winding installation called The Second Home Serpentine Pavilion is now open at the La Brea Tar Pits for the summer and its 100% free for the public to roam and explore. The pavilion is open daily and will run through November 24. FREE
2. [4 p.m.] During the month of August Skyspace’s The Garden Bar will host TAP TAKEOVERS where your admission between the times of 4 p.m. to 1 a.m. will include a free craft brew. This week guests can sip on a beer from Angel City Brewery on August 12-14.
3. [6:30 p.m.] AI LA Presents: A Data-Driven Social at ROW DTLA.
5. [7:30 p.m.] An Evening With 311 at The GRAMMY Museum.
6. [8 p.m.] Moonlight Movies on the Beach brings a summer-long series of free outdoor movie screenings on the shores of the LBC to three different locations near Downtown Long Beach and Belmont Shore. The series continues with Beetlejuice at Granada Beach on Tuesday. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Karaoke Tuesdays at The Offbeat in Highland Park.
9. [various] The Burbank Comedy Festival taking place across five different venues will host 200 performers from around the globe for seven days (August 11-17) of nonstop funny business.
10. [various] The 15th Annual HollyShorts Film Festival will screen over 400 films from 30 different countries during the festival’s 10-day run from August 8-17 at TCL Chinese Theatres in Hollywood.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $21 tix to the Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor (via Goldstar)