You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, August 2, 2016.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Guillermo del Toro’s Personal Collection of Macabre Items at LACMA.
2. [4 p.m.] Kidspace Children’s Museum is free this Tuesday from 4 to 8 p.m. FREE
3. [5:30 p.m.] Food Truck Night at the California Heritage Museum.
4. [7 p.m.] The Moth storytelling event at Los Globos. Tonight’s theme: Heat.
5. [8 p.m.] Broadway Sings Disney is a powerhouse concert developed from the Walt Disney catalog’s 80-plus years of magical music. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [8 p.m.] Free movie night at Sweet Rose Creamery: Little Rascals. FREE
7. [9 p.m.] Emo Nite LA at the Echo / Echoplex. Free for the first 100 people in. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Cool Beans First Tuesday at the E Spot Lounge. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [all day] Runyon Canyon reopens to the public. FREE
10. [various] 33rd Annual National Night Out will take place on Aug. 2 in part with the L.A. Police Department and L.A. County. The annual campaign helps to promote police-community relations through events like block parties, cookouts, neighborhood walks, safety fairs and more. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 for the Brick Fest LEGO Experience in Pasadena (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.