You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, August 3, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6:30 p.m.] City of San Gabriel’s annual Summer Night concerts & movies returns this week with Movie in the Park: Lego Batman at Vincent Lugo Park. FREE
2. [7 p.m.] The Silver Lake Picture Show returns with free outdoor movie screenings in the heart of Silver Lake at Sunset Triangle Plaza. This week: District 9 will be screened . FREE
3. [7 p.m.] The Santa Monica Pier Twilight Concert Series continues This Thursday they’ll takeover the Santa Monica Pier with Valerie June, Irma Thomas and KCRW DJ Aaron Byrd. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Marina del Rey’s Summer Concert Series continues through August at Burton Chace Park. On Thursday, Matthew Morrison takes the stage. FREE
5. [8 p.m.] The 2017 season of the Skirball’s free Sunset Concert Series, inspired by the Skirball’s current high-profile exhibition Paul Simon: Words & Music, is a showcase for up-and-coming talents and established artists from Los Angeles and around the globe. The series continues Thursday with Ibibio Sound Machine. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] Lucha VaVOOMs Quinceañera show celebrates 15 years of action with Mexican style wrestling, comedic performances by hula hoop dancers, strip-tease performers, a Quinceañera pageant, special guests and much more.
7. [8 p.m.] The folks at Rooftop Cinema Club are back with a screening of Raiders Of The Lost Ark at LEVEL in Downtown Los Angeles and L.A. Confidential at The Montalban in Hollywood.
8. [8 p.m.] The Moonlight Movies on the Beach series continues with a screening of Jaws at Cherry Beach this Thursday. FREE
9. [dusk] Summer Movie Fest at Cal State Northridge is a free weekly movie night taking place at dusk on CSUN’s Oviatt Library Lawn. The series continues with The Breakfast Club. FREE
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.