You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, August 30, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 260LA is hosting a sample sale with clothing brand Parker and cosmetics brand Stila from August 29 through September 1.
2. [5 p.m.] The night market at hilltop Asian restaurant Yamashiro back for 2018 every Thursday, from 5 to 9 p.m., through September 27. Angelenos can enjoy a farmers market, freshly prepared foods and Yamashiro’s unbeatable views of Hollywood.
3. [6 p.m.] Downtown Long Beach Alliance (DLBA) host its last Taste of Downtown on August 29 and 30 featuring restaurant samples of signature dishes, live music, craft beer and a fireworks display on Wednesday. Admission is free and open to the public. Tickets are sold in one dollar increments for individual food samples.
4. [6:30 p.m.] Baldwin Hills Crenshaw is hosting free movie screenings this summer alongside live music, fun games and food trucks. The series concludes with Love & Basketball. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] The Silver Lake Picture Show screens Get Out for it’s penultimate event of summer 2018. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] Celebrate canines during Dog Days of Summer at the Hammer Museum. This week enjoy a free film screening of Turner and Hooch. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Skirball’s annual Sunset Concert Series comes to close this week with a performance by Gili Yalo. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] Enjoy free family-friendly outdoor movies in Malibu thanks to Screen on the Green at Trancas Country Market every Thursday through September 13. This week Ghostbusters will be screened. FREE
9. [various] Cinecon Classic Film Festival at Hollywood’s Egyptian Theatre (August 30 to September 3) is 5-days of classic film screenings, celebrity appearances, panels, a memorabilia show, and more.
10. [various] Free museum days: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.) and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
DEAL OF THE DAY: This Labor Day, rent a nearby car on Getaround instantly through your phone—by the hour or day! No lines, no paperwork, no membership fees. Get $25 off your first trip at get.co/dd251
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.