You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, August 29, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 260LA is hosting a sample sale with clothing brand Parker and cosmetics brand Stila from August 29 through September 1.
2. [noon] A Yeti Village has been constructed on Hollywood and Vine in anticipation for the movie SMALLFOOT. Designed to look like winter, visitors of all ages can dance in a blizzard, swing on a cloud, ride a 20-foot slide, play in a snowball pit, sing karaoke, do arts and crafts and more. The family-friendly experience is free to attend and runs through September 14, 2018. FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Downtown Long Beach Alliance (DLBA) host its last Taste of Downtown on August 29 and 30 featuring restaurant samples of signature dishes, live music, craft beer and a fireworks display on Wednesday. Admission is free and open to the public. Tickets are sold in one dollar increments for individual food samples.
4. [7 p.m.] Whiskies of the World: A special whiskey tasting and menu pairing event at Big Bar.
5. [7 p.m.] E.P. & L.P. in West Hollywood continues their stylish cinema series Melrose Rooftop Theatre with a screening of The Usual Suspects this week.
6. [7 p.m.] Back for the 15th year in a row, The Independent Shakespeare Co. presents Shakespeare in the Park at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park with free performances of A Mid Summer Nights Dream and Titus Andronicus Wednesday through Sunday. This is the last week to catch performances. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Head to Zebulon this Wednesday for Madferit!, a dance party celebrating all things in the world of British music, including Brit Pop, Mod and Northern Soul, Baggy and Acid House, Shoegaze, music from 4AD, Stiff Records, Creation Records, and much, much more. Free admission. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] It’s trivia night at Grand Central Market this Wednesday on the Broadway side of the food hall.
9. [8:30 p.m.] Sweet Rose Creamery concludes their free summer movie series with a screening of Up in their patio at the Studio City location. FREE
10. [various] L.A. Dragon Studios located in the valley is a all you can play gaming center with VR, Escape Rooms, and an Arcade all for a flat fee of $10. Open seven days a week.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $6.50 tix to the L.A. County Fair (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.