You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, August 28, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] A Yeti Village has been constructed on Hollywood and Vine in anticipation for the movie SMALLFOOT. Designed to look like winter, visitors of all ages can dance in a blizzard, swing on a cloud, ride a 20-foot slide, play in a snowball pit, sing karaoke, do arts and crafts and more. The family-friendly experience is free to attend and runs through September 14, 2018. FREE
2. [7 p.m.] Taco & Trivia Tuesdays at Angel City Brewery.
3. [7 p.m.] Mr. C’s Poolside Cinema comes to a close this week. Angelenos can indulge in a luxury outdoor movie experience by the pool with a Cipriani menu, classic movie snacks and mini bottles of Moët & Chandon Champagne. The Goonies will be screened this week.
4. [7:30 p.m.] Shakira – EL Dorado World Tour at The Forum.
5. [8 p.m.] Sam Smith: The Thrill Of It All Tour at Staples Center.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Pasadena Playhouse presents In Conversation: Jason Alexander this Tuesday, giving the audiences a peek into the new comedy Native Gardens by Karen Zacarías and directed by Alexander performing September 5 through 30.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Rooftop Cinema Club screens Coming to America at NeueHouse in Hollywood.
8. [8 p.m.] Movie Nights at Tropicana Bar located at The Hollywood Roosevelt hotel will throw Angelenos a movie night series every Tuesday night from 8 to 11 p.m. from June till September 3 by the David Hockney painted Tropicana Pool. Screening this week is The Big Lebowski.
9. [various] There’s two new hyper-realistic VR experience at The VOID in Glendale a Ghostbusters themed experience and a scarier Nicodemus: Demon of Evanishment experience. Experiences run on different days, be sure to check their schedule.
10. [various] L.A. Dragon Studios located in the valley is a all you can play gaming center with VR, Escape Rooms, and an Arcade all for a flat fee of $10. Open seven days a week.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $6.50 tix to the L.A. County Fair (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.