You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in. So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, September 14, 2017. May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] TechDay is the place to be if you’re looking to form a startup. As one of L.A.’s largest startup gatherings, the free event includes an accelerator alley, job search booths, live demo stage, showcases and plenty of networking opportunities. FREE
2. [noon] The LA County Fair takes over the Fairplex in Pomona from Sep. 1-24 with fair-style foods, live musical performances, carnival-style games, rides, and unique attractions such as an expanded farm section (over five acres) featuring tons of interactive agricultural experiences for guests to enjoy. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [noon] The Pacific Standard Time: LA/LA launch party will take place at Grand Park in DTLA. This day-long party will feature ancestral and modern folk music from Latin America, DJ tunes, dance performances, latin themed food and much more. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] Downtown Art Walk brings art enthusiasts and locals together every second Thursday of each month to take part in gallery tours, shop the art mart and sample nearby food trucks, and experience the overall flavor of the downtown Los Angeles Historic Core.
5. [7 p.m.] The Silver Lake Picture Show returns with free outdoor movie screenings in the heart of Silver Lake at Sunset Triangle Plaza. This week: Scream will be screened . FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Nerd Nite Los Angeles at Busby’s East.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Café Gratitude & Eat Drink Vegan present a special screening of WHAT THE HEALTH at Café Gratitudes Larchmont location. Suggested donation is $10 and you’ll get popcorn and GT’s Kombucha.
8. [various] Free admission days: Japanese American National Museum (5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center and Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.)
9. [various] Get spooked during Paramount Pictures After Dark Tour: Tales From The Other Side where you’ll hear scandals of yesteryear and the lost souls who haunt the studio lot by moonlight. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Get a peek into the Fall TV season during the 11th annual PaleyFest Fall TV Previews Sept. 6-16. Located in Beverly Hills The Paley Center for Media will play host to the ten-day festival featuring some of the most anticipated shows both new and old, as well as star-studded panel discussions with series cast and creatives.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $16 tix for Roaring Nights at the LA Zoo this Friday
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.