You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, September 14, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 260LA will host french women brand Maje sample sale from September 11 through September 16 in their Beverly Hills space.
2. [11 a.m.] Man’s best friend finally has an art exhibit made just for them! dOGUMENTA LA is a free, dog-friendly art show hosted over two consecutive weekends (September 14-16 & 21-23) at FIGat7th in Downtown L.A. FREE
3. [noon] The L.A. County Fair returns to Pomona for a enormous assortment of activities, musical performances, food and beverage offerings, and more. The fair runs through September 23. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [6 p.m.] The Los Angeles Zoo’s annual after-hours music series, Roaring Nights comes to a close this week with Richard Blade spinning 80s tunes, while Flashback Heart Attack will cover beloved 80s songs. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [6 p.m.] Get ready to scream, be amazed or simply turn away because Son of Monsterpalooza (Sep 14-16) is coming just in time for Halloween with makeup demos, panels, and more.
6. [6 p.m.] Alpine Village Oktoberfest continues this weekend Oom Pah Pah party bands, German fare, and delicious cold German beers. Oktoberfest runs Fridays and Saturdays September 7 through October 27.
7. [6:30 p.m.] Ánimo Productions and LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes present the latest installment of Boleros De Noche concert series featuring bolero music under the stars in historic Los Angeles.
8. [7 p.m.] The Germs Art Exhibit at 5 Star Bar featuring bands, DJs, art, spoken word artists, and vendors.
9. [7:30 p.m.] The legendary Queen Mary welcomes master magician and apparitionist, Aiden Sinclair, aboard the ocean liner for ‘Illusions of the Passed; Legends of the Queen Mary, A Theatrical Séance!’ where guests will travel back in time to encounter the ghosts who reside on the historic ship.
10. [8 p.m.] Come watch film composer Rolfe Kent and his band perform outdoors at the Will Geer Theatricum Botanicum in Topanga Canyon during “The Concert Goes Awry.” He and his band will create live melodies and harmonies that will be looped and played together eventually into a beautiful swirl of vocals.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $6.50 tix to the LA County Fair (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.