You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, September 24, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 260LA is hosting a Vivienne Westwood sample sale September 24-29. Score deals on the iconic labels mens and women’s ready-to-wear and accessories .
2. [4:30 p.m.] Free Bob Baker Marionette Theater Show at One Colorado in Old Pasadena. FREE
3. [6:30 p.m.] Stop by the colorful, winding installation The Second Home Serpentine Pavilion at the La Brea Tar Pits for an evening exploring L.A.’s relationship with the natural world. There will be special guests speakers curated by LA’s first Chief Design Officer, Christopher Hawthorne. FREE
4. [8 p.m.] R&D at Ace Hotel’s Segovia Hall is a monthly meet-up event for creative professionals and students who create art for motion graphics, commercials, film. FREE
5. [8:30 p.m.] IGNITE @ the FORD! and HBO join together to bring you Hollywood Shorts, a monthly screening program highlighting award-winning short films and animation, all outdoors in the beautiful Ford Theatres. Attendees get free popcorn and there will be a brief Q&A with the filmmakers.
6. [various] Tim Burton dazzled us with “The Nightmare Before Christmas” 26 years ago and from September 12 through 25 The El Capitan in Hollywood will screen the beloved movie in 3D with interactive 4D sensory effects. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [various] UNIDENTIFIED LANDED OBJECT (“ULO”) opens at ROW DTLA for an otherworldly experience where an adaptation of the installation Light Leaks by technology artist Kyle McDonald and Jonas Jongejan, Creative Technologist at Google Creative Lab can be experienced. Visitors will be pulled into an optical illusion of millions of flickering reflections that dance off of mirror balls hitting every inch of the space. ULO will run Tuesdays through Sunday until September 28.
9. [various] Immerse yourself in six days of French film, documentaries, and TV shows when the COLCOA French Film Festival takes over the Directors Guild of America (DGA) in Hollywood from September 23-28.
10. [various] Hello Kitty Friends Around the World Tour celebrates Hello Kitty’s 45-year anniversary with a multi-room, sensory-rich, brilliant walk-through adventure from September 20 through October 20. The 10,000-square-foot pop-up takes you aboard ‘Hello Kitty Air’ to virtually visit London, Paris, New York, Honolulu, and Tokyo.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $25 tix to the I Like Scary Movies Experience (via Goldstar)