You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, September 25, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] 260LA is hosting a Vivienne Westwood sample sale September 24-29. Score deals on the iconic labels mens and women’s ready-to-wear and accessories .
2. [1 p.m.] Photo production company for the stars The Scenario Studio brings their mind-blowing professional sets to Grand Central Market for the public to experience from September 7 through November 4. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [6 p.m.] Black Movie Soundtrack lll returns to The Hollywood Bowl for a stellar evening of music and movies. Grammy-winning musical director Marcus Miller will run the show, and comedian Craig Robinson will play host with a cast of top talent joined by the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra.
5. [7 p.m.] On Wednesday Friends of the LA River (FoLAR) will lead folks on a walk and search for bats that live on the LA River. Afterwards, the party winds down at Frogtown Brewery where you can discuss the findings of the expedition with fellow bat fans. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Twilight Concerts returns every Wednesday from August 21 to September 25 for free music performances on the Santa Monica Pier. This week Cornelius, StarRo & Taiko Project will perform. FREE
7. [various] Artist Maximillian’s popular horror-themed pop-up I Like Scary Movies returns for Halloween season September 20 through November 17. The detailed and beautiful series of installations is a love letter from the artist to iconic horror films like The Lost Boys, Beetlejuice, and The Shining. Runs Wednesday through Sundays. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [various] UNIDENTIFIED LANDED OBJECT (“ULO”) opens at ROW DTLA for an otherworldly experience where an adaptation of the installation Light Leaks by technology artist Kyle McDonald and Jonas Jongejan, Creative Technologist at Google Creative Lab can be experienced. Visitors will be pulled into an optical illusion of millions of flickering reflections that dance off of mirror balls hitting every inch of the space. ULO will run Tuesdays through Sunday until September 28.
9. [various] Immerse yourself in six days of French film, documentaries, and TV shows when the COLCOA French Film Festival takes over the Directors Guild of America (DGA) in Hollywood from September 23-28.
10. [various] Hello Kitty Friends Around the World Tour celebrates Hello Kitty’s 45-year anniversary with a multi-room, sensory-rich, brilliant walk-through adventure from September 20 through October 20. The 10,000-square-foot pop-up takes you aboard ‘Hello Kitty Air’ to virtually visit London, Paris, New York, Honolulu, and Tokyo.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $25 tix to the I Like Scary Movies Experience (via Goldstar)