You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, September 26, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [1 p.m.] Photo production company for the stars The Scenario Studio brings their mind-blowing professional sets to Grand Central Market for the public to experience from September 7 through November 4. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [7 p.m.] The Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor returns with six terrifying mazes, including the brand new Rogue, in which the crew either is (or isn’t?) working to save the capsized vessel you’re trapped aboard. Nightly entertainment, rides, roaming monsters, and themed lounges round out Dark Harbor’s offerings. Happening September 26 through November 2. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [6 p.m.] The eighth annual Sunset & Dine food festival will feature tastings from local restaurants plus beer and wine. Entertainment will be curated by Amoeba Music.
4. [7:30 p.m.] Head to Two Bit Circus for Whispers In The Dark an interactive mystery using magic, mentalism, and immersive theater. You’ll sit in on an intimate séance to communicate with ghosts to unlock secrets and solve the crime of a centuries-old unsolved murder.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Pop-Up Magazine’s fall show The Escape Issue is a live-magazine created for stage and screen performed in-front of a live-audience and it takes over the Theatre at the Ace Hotel this Thursday.
6. [various] Artist Maximillian’s popular horror-themed pop-up I Like Scary Movies returns for Halloween season September 20 through November 17. The detailed and beautiful series of installations is a love letter from the artist to iconic horror films like The Lost Boys, Beetlejuice, and The Shining. Runs Wednesday through Sundays. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [various] Kick off 2019 L.A. Fashion Week at The Bloc shopping center in Downtown. There will be a host of activities, beauty services, panels from Los Angeles’ top fashion and beauty influencers and more.
8. [various] Creep L.A. presents the fifth installment of HAUS OF CREEP an immersive 75-minute experience that takes guests in a bizarre world where reality and performance art blur in a very dark way. HAUS OF CREEP will run from September 13 through November 3 on all weekends with some weeknights available.
9. [various] L.A. Dance Project presents L.A. Dances a festival celebrating the future of dance in Los Angeles through premieres and collaborations with local visual artists, site-specific performances, and new productions. Happening September 26 through October 25.
10. [various] Hello Kitty Friends Around the World Tour celebrates Hello Kitty’s 45-year anniversary with a multi-room, sensory-rich, brilliant walk-through adventure from September 20 through October 20. The 10,000-square-foot pop-up takes you aboard ‘Hello Kitty Air’ to virtually visit London, Paris, New York, Honolulu, and Tokyo.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $25 tix to the I Like Scary Movies Experience (via Goldstar)