You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, September 3, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [2 p.m.] Pennywise returns to Hollywood with a second terrifying, immersive event. The Derry Canal Days Festival is now open at the corner of Hollywood and Vine, drawing from the forthcoming IT Chapter Two, which hits theaters on September 6. Online reservations are fully booked but a standby line is available.
2. [5:30 p.m.] Yoga in the Garden at the Los Angeles Arboretum.
3. [7 p.m.] Kevin Smith and Marc Bernardin will perform a live version of their Fatman Beyond podcast at Scum & Villainy Cantina in Hollywood.
4. [7:10 p.m.] It’s Hello Kitty Night at Dodgers Stadium this Tuesday. See the Boys in Blue take on the Colorado Rockies and take home a special Hello Kitty blanket.
5. [7 p.m.] Down some tacos, drink some brews and test your trivia skills this Tuesday during Tacos & Trivia night at Angel City Brewery in DTLA.
6. [8 p.m.] Karaoke Tuesdays at The Offbeat in Highland Park.
7. [8 p.m.] Bob Baker Marionettes take over the Moonlight Rollerway for one night only.
8. [8 p.m.] Doctor Who Happy Hour at The Fox and Hounds in Studio City.
9. [9 p.m.] Massive Attack at The Hollywood Palladium.
10. [various] Free museum days: Free Family Night at Kidspace Children’s Museum (from 4 to 8 p.m.), Natural History Museum and La Brea Tarpits Museum.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $12.50 tix to the L.A. County Fair (via Goldstar)