You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, March 10, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] Chicano artist Barbara Carrasco’s 80-foot mural, L.A. History: A Mexican Perspective, will be the centerpiece of a new exhibit coming to the Natural History Museum starting March 9.. The mural will be on view through August 18, and is included with general admission to the museum.
2. [10 a.m.] The Museum of Failure returns in a new location on Hollywood and Highland with new exhibits and products that include Juicero, Facebook Gifts, RCA SelectaVision, Pets.com, and Google Wave. There’s also an entire section dedicated to Hollywood with some of the industry’s biggest fails.
3. [10:30 a.m.] Join a lively panel of SoCal coffee experts as they discuss significant developments in the region’s coffee landscape, beginning with early settlers to specialty roasters and coffee houses in the 20th century and the Third Wave of espresso bars and cafés that have taken over Southern California today. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] Smorgasburg’s 2nd Annual Popup on the Pier in Santa Monica returns for a one-day affair that will satisfy your tastebuds through 70+ vendors including goa-taco, Amazebowls, Shrimp Daddy, Lobsterdamus, Big Mozz and more.
5. [11:30 a.m.] Stop by Santa Anita Park in Arcadia for the Big ‘Cap Beer & Cider Festival. The festival will include local and national craft beers, ciders and food trucks right alongside the racetrack. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. [6 p.m.] The 4th Annual Viva La Muxer hosted by Las Fotos Project at Plaza de la Raza is an arts and music benefit featuring live performances, more than 100 curated arts exhibits, family-friendly workshops, and much more.
7. [7:30 p.m.] L.A.’s only live animated comedy show Picture This! celebrates its 6th year anniversary this Saturday with a free show at The Virgil. FREE
8. [various] Greenbar Distillery has teamed up with The Burrito Project and a select list of local bars and restaurants, to provide thousands of burritos to those in need in the Los Angeles area. Simply go to a bar on the list and order a CITY Bright gin cocktail from there Greenbar Distillery will donate a burrito to The Burrito Project. Get more info here.
9. [various] All-Star Chef Classic at L.A. Live in DTLA, from March 7-10, will feature dinners made by top chefs like Ludo Lefebvre, Michael Voltaggo, Jose Andres, Nyesha Arrington and Jose Garces. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] FirstGlance Film Fest Los Angeles 18 happening March 8-11 will screen over 40 award winning indie films from across the globe at the Laemmle NOHO 7.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.