However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 Under $10
1. [$10.00] Ferris Beuller’s Day Off screens at Eat|See|Hear in NoHo. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
2.[FREE] Downtown Dark Nights at L.A. LIVE. FRIDAY
3. [FREE] All Space Considered at Griffith Observatory. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] Free First Friday events and museum admissions. FRIDAY
5. [FREE] Los Angeles Bread Festival at Grand Central Market. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
6. [FREE] KCRW Summer Nights at One Colorado in Pasadena. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] Zero Down Art Exhibition in Inglewood. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] Coast Open Streets Event by Metro Santa Monica. SUNDAY
9. [FREE] Urban Air Market in DTLA’s Histroic Core. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] Intrude: a series of giant bunny sculpture installations coming to DTLA. SUNDAY
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- NHM’s First Fridays and outdoor concert. FRIDAY
- Barnsdall Art Park wine tasting. FRIDAY
- ShipKicker Country Music Fest. SATURDAY
- Long Beach Vegan Food and Music Festival. SATURDAY
- Power Con: a He-Man and She-Ra convention SATURDAY-SUNDAY
Want more? Check out all of our full list of 50 awesome things to do this weekend in Los Angeles
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.