As you probably already know we do a twice weekly listing of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive (and yes, I realize this week we went over budget by $0.50 on the top list item… but we thought it was worth it!).
Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[RELATED: The Best Way to Find Discount Events in Los Angeles]
1. [$10.50] Star Trek: Into the Darkness with live orchestra at UCLA’s Royce Hall.* (Sunday)
2. [$9.00] Celebrate the opening of a new ancient forest at Descano Gardens. (Saturday)
3. [$8.00] Los Angeles Green Festival EXPO.* (Friday-Sunday)
4. [$5.00] The 14th annual Feast of San Gennaro in Hollywood. (Friday-Sunday)
5. [FREE] A dozen L.A. museums will be free this Saturday for Museum Day Live! (Saturday)
6. [FREE] Day of the Drum Festival and Simon Rodia Watts Jazz Festival (Friday-Sunday)
7. [FREE] Fun family activities at Tarfest 2015. (Saturday)
8. [FREE] Rooftop cinema screening of Tron: Legacy on South Lake Ave. in Pasadena. (Saturday)
9. [FREE] Free star party at the observatory to celebrate the supermoon lunar eclipse. (Sunday)
10. [FREE] Ranger Ernie Griffith Park hike. (Sunday)
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.