Plenty of angelenos look forward to the annual summer screenings at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery. But what many may not know about is that the event programmers behind Cinespia (the folks who put on the Hollywood Forever screenings) have a new roster of special film events just for the 2016 winter season, all taking place at some of DTLA’s most renowned venues.
Cinespia will be hosting special screenings throughout the (slightly) chillier months at historic theaters located around Downtown Los Angeles. The creepy and kooky ’90s cult film Adam’s Family Values will kick off the movie series, which begins on Nov. 26 at the Palace Theatre.
General admission tickets cost $20, and premium seating is $45, which allows you to skip the ticket and photo booth lines, while also including one photo booth print.
Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and the movie screens at 9 p.m.
The next planned screening for the series is the Stanley Kubrick classic The Shining, starring Jack Nicholson, to be shown on Dec. 17 at the Los Angeles Theatre.
The screening also doubles as Cinespia’s annual holiday party, which will include a full bar, DJs, live music, Shining-themed rooms, a free photobooth, and few extra surprises.
Dress code is elegant/formal attire, and a jacket and tie are required for men.
Doors open at 7 p.m. and the movie screens at 9 p.m.
Tickets for The Shining screening and party are priced at $24 for general admission and $60 for premium seating.
If you’d like tickets for either screening head over to Cinespia’s website to purchase.
And, of course, if any new screenings are added to the winter schedule we’ll be sure to update this post.
The Best Things to do in L.A., straight to your inbox! Sign Up For Our Email List And You Receive...
- Two emails a week, Monday AM and Thursday AM.
- Monday: The best of the week ahead. 30+ ideas.
- Thursday: What to do this weekend. 30+ ideas.
- Occasional emails with special offers and messages from promotional parters.
- Optional emails for daily to-dos, travel tips, food recommendations, and deals.Basically, just think of us as your friend making some fun suggestions for what you might like to check out this day or week or month in L.A. Sign-up in the form below to join over 66,000 Angelenos who already subscribe!