As you’re planning out your October activities, keep in mind there are plenty of ways to explore Los Angeles without spending an arm and a leg. In fact, many are free. and we always enjoy curating as many of those ideas as possible!
To that end, in addition to our always-relevant big list of free & fun things to do around Los Angeles, we put together a quick link rundown every month of things to do you may want to take advantage of.
This month’s list starts below, listed in chronological order. Numbered only for reference.
1. [Oct 1] The first ever San Gabriel Dumpling & Beer Festival.
2. [Oct 1-4] LA Korean Festival
3. [Oct 2] First Fridays!
4. [Oct 3-4] The Brewery Art Walk
5. [Oct 4] The 7th Annual KCRW Good Pie Contest
6. [Oct 4] Ranger Ernie’s 6-mile Donut Hike
7. [Oct 8] The Downtown L.A. Art Walk
8. [Oct 9] Innovate Pershing Square
9. [Oct 9] Front Porch Cinema at the Santa Monica Pier (starts on the 9th. Goes every Friday for rest of month)
10. [Oct 10-11] The Jet Propulsion Laboratory Open House
11. [Oct 14] The KC Jewish Film Fest
12. [Oct 17-18] Fall Festival at The Grove
13. [Oct 17] The Taste of Soul Festival (free to enter, food for purchase)
14. [Oct 17] Star Party at Griffith Park
15. [Oct 17] Saved by the 90s Dance Party (free if you get there before 10:00pm)
16. [Oct 17] 10th Annual Taste of Soul Festival
17. [Oct 17] The Los Angeles Archives Bazaar
18. [Oct 18] The Sherman Oaks Street Fair
19. [Oct 18] CicLAvia: Heart of the City
20. [Oct. 23-31] Beware the Dark Realms Haunted House (free to enter, but they request you bring a canned good to donate to SCV Food Pantry)
21. [Oct 24] Grand Ave. Arts: All-Access
22. [Oct 31] WeHo Carnavale
For more ideas for what to do this October, make sure you follow our weekly event round-ups!