Every week in Los Angeles there are tons of great things to do (even before the weekend gets started) that we think you ought to have on your radar. With that in mind, we put together a list every Monday morning to keep you in the know about what’s happening in the city you love (or maybe just like).
This week, from Monday, April 2 to Friday, April 6, features Yoga with cats, Rooftop Cinema Club, Dwell on Design, Chinatown After Dark, life sized CANDY LAND game board, Sleepless at The Music Center, All Space Considered and MUCH more.
Remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
Hope you find the rundown useful and, as always, enjoy your week!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundown sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Monday April 2nd, 2018
1.CatCafe Lounge just launched PAWS Yoga a restorative yoga class where you’ll get your namaste in while hanging out with adorable cats! They plan to do this every Monday to help raise money for their non-profit cafe.
2. Candytopia brings its immersive, oh-so-sweet Insta-friendly experience to Santa Monica, where it will remain till July 4.
3. Check out Butterfly Season at Kidspace Children’s Museum now through May 4. Activities include daily butterfly exploration in the Stone Hollow Amphitheater.
4. Hangout at the Aquarium of the Pacific at night and see sharks, jellyfish and more in a different light! Happening multiple times this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. The Museum of Failure has a new location on Hollywood and Highland with new exhibits and products that include Juicero, Facebook Gifts, RCA SelectaVision, Pets.com, and Google Wave. There’s also an entire section dedicated to Hollywood with some of the industry’s biggest fails. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. Saudi Art Days honoring visual arts and culture of the Arabian Peninsula will feature an acclaimed photography exhibit, evening programs, films and an industry panel discussion. All programs are free to attend. The event takes place at Linwood Dunn Theater from April 2-4. FREE
7. The Business LA is a free comedy show at Little Joy featuring some of the best local comics in town. FREE
Tuesday April 3rd, 2018
8. Internet dating can be a Wild West of sorts and storytelling show “All The Crazy Dates I’ve Met On The Internet” will feature four women telling hilarious stories of their experiences. You’ll need a drink for this. Luckily the show takes place at The Virgil.
9. 260LA will host an Equinox sample sale event April 3-8 in Beverly Hills with brands like nike, Rhone, lululemon, Spiritual Gangster and more at a steep discount.
10. Comedian Kevin Nealon will take the stage of The Laugh Factory in Hollywood where he’ll bring the laughs with a bill that also features Nick Swardson, Jade Catta-Preta, Kirk Fox and Rory Scovel. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
11. Museum of Selfies opens on April 1 and will run till May 31 with 10 interactive exhibits that welcomes visitors to take a closer look into the cultural phenomenon. The curators of the Glendale musueum have also collected an array of Instagram-inspired art as well as an Iron Throne made of selfie sticks for guests to enjoy. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
12. Free admission at: Kidspace Children’s Museum (from 4 to 8 p.m.), Natural History Museum and Page Museum at La Brea Tarpits
Wednesday April 4th, 2018
13. The VOID’s virtual reality experience Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire is now open in the Glendale Galleria. The “hyper-reality” experience puts players in a 360 virtual world allowing them to touch, smell, and sensing their surroundings.
14. The Garvey Ranch Observatory will host an evening of astronomy with members of the Los Angeles Astronomical Society. Guest will have a chance to go into the dome to view the stars, enjoy a star party on the lawn, and learn how to build their own telescope. The observatory is open to the public on Wednesday nights only. FREE
15. Stash House, a new escape room in L.A. will allow you and your friends to get actively involved in a crime drama — with zero chance of going to prison. Happening all week.
16. Bad Housekeeping at Good Housekeeping in Highland Park pops up every Wednesday now through May 30. On these nights you’ll find libations inspired by bad recipes of the past including a ‘glazed ham’ and cherry cordials cocktail.
17. Step inside The Museum of Illusions in Hollywood and find yourself in a classic painting, part of a cartoon, part of current events, inside movies and much more. Highlights include watching the Titanic go down, “climbing” a sheer cliff and other eye popping visuals. Happening all week. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
18. Rooftop Cinema Club returns to the rooftop of The Montalban in Hollywood with a screening of I, Tonya. Other screenings this week include The Florida Project, The Big Lebowski, and Back to the Future.
Thursday April 5th, 2018
19. Dwell on Design a design and architecture convention that runs April 5-7 will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center and will feature speakers, panels and consultations by acclaimed architects, interior designers and design visionaries. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
20. Chinatown After Dark going down at Far East Plaza happens every first Thursday of the month and is a testing ground for chefs in our city as well as a place to enjoy local music.
21. April 5 is National Caramel Day, celebrate by walking through a life sized CANDY LAND game board in Santa Monica thanks to Werther’s Caramel and Hasbro. This pop-up only happens for one-day only on the Santa Monica Pier.
22. Set in the back room of old school Chinese food joint, Genghis Cohen, The Setup Comedy Show features touring stand-up comics, late-night writers, and movie stars. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
23. Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.) FREE
Friday April 6th, 2018
24. Sleepless, The Music Center’s beloved late-night event, returns on April 6-7 for two evenings of art, dancing, and music! This year’s theme is Disco Lives. Guests will dance, roller boogie, watch film clips of the era, and much more.
25. First Fridays return to the Natural History Museum this Friday. The event will explore the L.A. Backstory with NHMLA History Department and live music from Chelsea Jade and Jamila Woods.
26. The Griffith Observatory hosts a monthly forum where some of the most amazing phenomena in the known universe are explained and discussed. It’s called All Space Considered and it takes place on the first Friday of every month. FREE
27. Descanso Gardens is hosting another edition of Tomatomania this Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., tomato fans and gardeners will have a chance to purchase tomato seedlings and listen to tomato lectures.
28. Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays.
29. Visit Virtual Room in Hollywood for a group VR adventure in which you’ll go back in time to ensure a better future.
30. See the Hermosa Hitigrls battle the Redondo Riots in a Kentucky Derby themed all female roller derby this Friday!
31. Lauren Conrad’s fashion line Paper Crown is having a sample sale April 5-6 with up to 70% off on dresses, blouses, bottoms, outerwear and the bridesmaid collection.
32. Decompress at Mystic Journey Crystals in Venice with a crystal sound bath that combines original compositions and performances with crystal singing bowls.
33. The Rachel Pally Warehouse Sale will run April 6-8 with 60% to 75% off retail prices on contemporary, maternity and plus lines. There’s even discount racks starting at just $10, restocked each day.
34. The Groundlings: The Completely Different Late Show is a hilarious improv show by the cast of the Groundlings’ Main Company. Audience shout suggestions throughout the night for improvisational scenes performed by some of the best in the business. It’s also a testing ground for brand new material for the Groundlings’ main show. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
35. Beauty Park’s one day sample sale will feature the best Korean beauty and skincare products at 50% to 80% off.
36. Dogeared is having a jewelry sample sale in Culver City this Friday, everything will be priced $5 to $20.
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at email@example.com