You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, October 10, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Head to this year’s IndieCade to check out independent video games from around the world. Guests will be able to preview and play games, join in on forums and workshops with the signature event “Night Gaming”, featuring gameplay underneath the night sky. Happening Oct. 10-12.
2. [9:30 a.m.] The Natural History Museums latest exhibit dives into the scientific inspiration behind some of Hollywoods most terrifying creatures. “Natural History of Horror” opens October 10, 2019 through April 19, 2020 and will include rare movie props, film footage, activities and museum specimens.
3. [10 a.m.] 260LA is hosting a Y-3 Adidas sample sale October 8-13. Score deals on the coveted collaboration between adidas and Japanese designer Yohji Yamamoto. Men’s and women’s athletic footwear, athletic apparel, and accessories will be up to 80% off retail.
4. [1 p.m.] The Haunted 2: Welcome Foolish Mortals is an art exhibit inspired by places like the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. Marvel at creepy animatronic works alongside paintings, sculptures, and jewelry. Happening at The Hive Gallery in Downtown Los Angeles the exhibit will run October 6 through November 3 and is free to view. FREE
5. [6 p.m.] Sometimes one slice is just not enough. Thankfully Pie Night at 189 by Dominique Ansel will kick start pie season with a ticketed event where diners will enjoy unlimited slices of 10 different pies. From sweet like a strawberry rhubarb cheesecake pie to savory creations like the slow-cooked–pork al pastor pie, you’ll look at pie in an entirely different way after this meal.
6. [6 p.m.] Downtown Art Walk brings art enthusiasts and locals together every second Thursday of each month to take part in gallery tours, parties, food trucks, and and more in the heart of the Los Angeles Historic Core.
7. [7 p.m.] The Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor returns with six terrifying mazes, including the brand new Rogue, in which the crew either is (or isn’t?) working to save the capsized vessel you’re trapped aboard. Nightly entertainment, rides, roaming monsters, and themed lounges round out Dark Harbor’s offerings. Happening September 26 through November 2. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [7 p.m.] Plática: Remembering Frida hosted by LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes welcomes the authors of the anthology, Remembering Frida for a night of insights, humor, history and music based on their published work about Frida Khalo. FREE
10. [various] Hello Kitty Friends Around the World Tour celebrates Hello Kitty’s 45-year anniversary with a multi-room, sensory-rich, brilliant walk-through adventure from September 20 through October 20. The 10,000-square-foot pop-up takes you aboard ‘Hello Kitty Air’ to virtually visit London, Paris, New York, Honolulu, and Tokyo.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $69 tix to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios (via Goldstar)