You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, October 16, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Enjoy a bit of spooky fall family fun at Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch in Culver City all week. Don’t forget to snap that iconic picture in front of the pumpkin house!
2. [9:30 a.m.] The Natural History Museum’s latest exhibition dives into the scientific inspiration behind some of Hollywoods most terrifying creatures. “Natural History of Horror” opens October 10 and runs through April 19, 2020. It includes rare movie props, film footage, activities and museum specimens.
3. [1 p.m.] The Haunted 2: Welcome Foolish Mortals is an art exhibit inspired by places like the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. Marvel at creepy animatronic works alongside paintings, sculptures, and jewelry. Happening at The Hive Gallery in Downtown Los Angeles the exhibit will run October 6 through November 3 and is free to view. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] There’s a Zombieland double-feature happening at Alamo Draft House in Downtown Los Angeles this Wednesday where the audience (you) is asked not to “look alive” so come dressed in full zombie attire and celebrate the new Zombieland: Double Tap film.
5. [7 p.m.] Murder in the Front Row: The San Francisco Bay Area Thrash Metal Story will be screened at The Regent Theater along with a Q&A with filmmaker Adam Dubin.
6. [7 p.m.] Every Wednesday The Continental Club in DTLA features live jazz hosted by Matthew Yeakley plus complimentary mini cupcakes from Big Man Bakes. No cover!
7. [7 p.m.] Outdoor Voices, ROW DTLA, and Better Booch team up to host evening wellness gatherings for the month. This Wednesday head to ROW DTLA Building 1 Rooftop for a mat pilates work out led by Coreology followed by activations by The Things We Do & beverages from OLIPOP. RSVP is mandatory. FREE
8. [9 p.m.] Cocktail bar The Spare Room located in the historic Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel is hosting a monthly A Night of Music Jazz Trio series. Music starts at 9 p.m.
9. [various] Hello Kitty Friends Around the World Tour celebrates Hello Kitty’s 45-year anniversary with a multi-room, sensory-rich, brilliant walk-through adventure from September 20 through October 20. The 10,000-square-foot pop-up takes you aboard ‘Hello Kitty Air’ to virtually visit London, Paris, New York, Honolulu, and Tokyo.
10. [various] Artist Maximillian’s popular horror-themed pop-up I Like Scary Movies returns for Halloween season September 20 through November 17. The detailed and beautiful series of installations is a love letter from the artist to iconic horror films like The Lost Boys, Beetlejuice, and The Shining. Runs Wednesday through Sundays. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $69 tix to Halloween Horror Neights at Universal Studios (via Goldstar)