You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, October 3, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [1 p.m.] Photo production company for the stars The Scenario Studio brings their mind-blowing professional sets to Grand Central Market for the public to experience from September 7 through November 4. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [5 p.m.] ‘First Time in L.A.’ at Touchon&Co Gallery is an art exhibition highlighting artists from around the world exhibiting in Los Angeles for the first time. Over 60 artworks will be shown from 20 artists. Runs Oct. 1-5 FREE
3. [6 p.m.] Nights of the Jack, a half mile trail completely filled with thousands of pop culture inspired hand-carved illuminated Jack O’Lanterns returns to King Gillette Ranch in Calabasas October 3 through November 3 for a spooktacular family friendly event.
4. [7 p.m.] The Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor returns with six terrifying mazes, including the brand new Rogue, in which the crew either is (or isn’t?) working to save the capsized vessel you’re trapped aboard. Nightly entertainment, rides, roaming monsters, and themed lounges round out Dark Harbor’s offerings. Happening September 26 through November 2. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. [9 p.m.] Every Thursday the Motherland comedy show brings known comics to the stage for free at Filipino restaurant Kusina Filipina in Eagle Rock. This week’s lineup features Kara Klenk (Comedy Central), Jamel Johnson (Comedy Central), Zach Pugh (Funny or Die), and more. FREE
6. [9 p.m.] Every first and third Thursday of the month Brennan’s in Marina Del Rey hosts their famous turtle races. Since 1974, this tradition brings these little speedsters out of their sanctuary (located in the bar) for an exciting game that support charities. Race starts at 9 p.m.
7. [various] The Lexus All-Star Chef Classic takes over L.A. LIVE for four days of extravagant meals prepared by top chefs from around the United States in a stadium and or arena setting plus two strolling events
8. [various] Hello Kitty Friends Around the World Tour celebrates Hello Kitty’s 45-year anniversary with a multi-room, sensory-rich, brilliant walk-through adventure from September 20 through October 20. The 10,000-square-foot pop-up takes you aboard ‘Hello Kitty Air’ to virtually visit London, Paris, New York, Honolulu, and Tokyo.
9. [various] Free museum days: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.)
10. [various] Creep L.A. presents the fifth installment of HAUS OF CREEP an immersive 75-minute experience that takes guests in a bizarre world where reality and performance art blur in a very dark way. HAUS OF CREEP will run from September 13 through November 3 on all weekends with some weeknights available.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $25 tix to the I Like Scary Movies Experience (via Goldstar)