You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, December 10, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] The Scenario Studio is offering a free pop-up photo experience on Rodeo Drive daily through December 22. FREE
2. [1:30 p.m.] The Skirball will host an afternoon screening of Yentl staring Barbra Streisand who plays a young woman disguised as a boy to receive an education. This is also Streisand’s directorial debut. The screening is free.
3. [5 p.m.] The Holiday Light Festival Train Ride at Griffith Park is a festive one mile ride on the tracks with tens of thousands of lights to get you in the Holiday spirit. Running November 29 through December 30.
4. [sunset] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a free night time art experience covering 12 acres of Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles and the newly renovated Music Center Plaza. Whimsical artistic projections and light displays will illuminate paths and play off of the park’s most iconic elements. The holiday-inspired event will run nightly from Dec. 6 to 25. FREE
5. [sunset] The Roadium Drive-In Holiday Edition returns with a screening of Elf in a throw back drive-in setting alongside food trucks, movie concessions, and more.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Comedian Theo Von brings his Dark Arts Tour to the Wiltern this Tuesday.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Zocalo Public Square will hold a discussion at Cross Campus LA titled “Will California Learn to Regulate the Marijuana Business?” Moderated by Amanda Chicago Lewis, Columnist for the Rolling Stone and joined by Tim Fong from the UCLA Cannabis Research Initiative, Cat Packer from the Los Angeles Department of Cannabis Regulation, and UCLA criminal justice and drug policy scholar Brad Rowe. FREE
8. [7:30 p.m.] The Contenders film series returns to The Hammer Museum with 10 screenings curated by The Museum of Modern Art. The films selected are new films believed to stand the test of time in influence. This Tuesday they’ll screen Booksmart, followed by Q&A with director Olivia Wilde.
9. [8 p.m.] Tuesday night jazz at Mama Lion featuring resident band Marigold, led by bandleader Kyle Zimmerman. FREE
10. [various] Free museum day: Los Angeles County Museum of Art and Autry Museum of the American West. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $12.50 tix to Animanga 2020: Anime, Manga, & Cosplay Convention (via Goldstar affiliate)