You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, December 11, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] The Scenario Studio is offering a free pop-up photo experience on Rodeo Drive daily through December 22. FREE
2. [5 p.m.] The Holiday Light Festival Train Ride at Griffith Park is a festive one mile ride on the tracks with tens of thousands of lights to get you in the Holiday spirit. Running November 29 through December 30.
3. [sunset] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a free night time art experience covering 12 acres of Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles and the newly renovated Music Center Plaza. Whimsical artistic projections and light displays will illuminate paths and play off of the park’s most iconic elements. The holiday-inspired event will run nightly from Dec. 6 to 25. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] There’s an ugly Christmas sweater group night hike in Griffith Park tonight hosted by HiKing-with-Friends. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] The Sierra Madre Playhouses’s Off the Screen series features cinema classics on the big screen and this week they’re screening It’s a Wonderful Life to complement their latest live stage attraction Every Christmas Story Ever Told (and Then Some!) The movie is free if you donate a gift to their beneficiary charity, Hope House. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] Harry Potter Trivia Night returns to Idle Hour featuring plenty of HP-themed prizes.
7. [7:30 p.m.] The Contenders film series returns to The Hammer Museum with 10 screenings curated by The Museum of Modern Art. The films selected are new films believed to stand the test of time in influence. This Tuesday they’ll screen The Irishman, with a special introduction by Sebastian Maniscalco.
8. [8 p.m.] The Pacific Opera Project presents “La bohème,” or “The Hipsters” December 6-14 at The Ebell Club of Highland Park. Set to current times the show follows the story of several Los Angelenos during a cold SoCal winter as they tackle the city’s housing crises, love, jealousy and more.
9. [8 p.m.] Women Crush Wednesday is a night dedicated to female-forward spirits. The event takes place at Brandon’s on La Brea, the secret hideaway located in the back of the 6th & La Brea Brewery. This week’s featured distillery is Uncle Nearest Whiskey. Named after the Tennessee slave who came up with the recipe for Jack Daniels, Uncle Nearest is ran by women, including some of Nearest’s decedents. There will be complimentary bar bites, vinyl tunes, special cocktails and of course whiskey tastings.
10. [8 p.m.] Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre Group presents an all new holiday-horror-theatre attraction titled Dark Dark Ride Ride Holiday Nightmare. It’s a “wild ride through winter wonderHELL” that takes place Wednesdays through Saturdays from December 4-21.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $12.50 tix to Animanga 2020: Anime, Manga, & Cosplay Convention (via Goldstar affiliate)