You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, December 27, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] Kidspace Children’s Museum in Pasadena hosts Snow Days from Dec. 26-30. The event features real snow, live entertainment, interactive story time, cookie decorating, crafts and a dance party.
2. [noon] The Paley Center for Media celebrates the holidays with family-friendly experience PaleyLand. Guests can enjoy daily screenings of classic holiday TV programs, a Candy Cane Forest , arts and crafts, dreidel games, and free hot cocoa. No reservations are required. Open Wednesdays through Sundays till January 5, 2020. FREE
3. [5 p.m.] Yuletide Cinemaland offers a festive outdoor movie screening experience in a Victorian town square surrounded by Christmas carolers, food trucks, a Holiday Light Tunnel, Scrooge’s Dance Hall and more. This weekend they’ll be screening a double feature of The Muppet Christmas Carrol and How The Grinch Stole Christmas on Friday; Elf on Saturday and Edward Scissorhands on Sunday. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [sunset] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a free night time art experience covering 12 acres of Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles and the newly renovated Music Center Plaza. Whimsical artistic projections and light displays will illuminate paths and play off of the park’s most iconic elements. The holiday-inspired event will run nightly from Dec. 6 to 25. FREE
5. [6 p.m.] Fourth Fridays on 4th Street activates the “Retro Road” business district in Long Beach on the fourth Friday of every month from 6 to 9 p.m. through extended hours, dining specials, discounted merchandise, pop up shops, art shows, live music, double decker bus rides and more.
6. [6:30 p.m.] MOIRAI: An Immersive Silent Disco Dance Show presented by Culture Shock Los Angeles at Elements Dance Space in Pasadena.
7. [7 p.m.] A new immersive experience transports guests to 1960s Berlin for a night of intrigue and espionage. Step into Crimson Cabaret nightclub and sip on era-inspired craft cocktails, listen to live original music, and take part in a world full of secrets where no one can be trusted and secret agents might approach you with a mission to complete. Crimson Cabaret wraps up its run this Friday through Sunday. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [7:30 p.m.] Catch Stanley Kubrick’s masterpiece 2001: A Space Odyssey in 70mm film this Friday at The Egyptian Theatre.
9. [10 p.m.] Peaches And Cream – A 2000’s R&B And Hip Hop Party at the Globe Theatre.
10. [various] Dreamscape Immersive offers unique virtual reality experiences at the Westfield Century City (read our review here)
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $10 tix to the Museum of Illusions (via Goldstar)