You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, March 28, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [7 p.m.] The Garvey Ranch Observatory will host an evening of astronomy with members of the Los Angeles Astronomical Society. Guest will have a chance to go into the dome to view the stars, enjoy a star party on the lawn, and learn how to build their own telescope. The observatory is open to the public on Wednesday nights only. FREE
2. [7:30 p.m.] Art @ Tongva presents The Wonder Room, one night of performances and visual art weaved around the gardens and vistas of the park. This event free and open to the public. FREE
3. [7:30 p.m.] Take a Gin Crafting Class at Greenbar Distillery this Wednesday. Taste a flight of six gins while learning about the history, then guests will learn how to craft their own gin while enjoying gin cocktails.
4. [8 p.m.] Trap Kitchen Cookout Tour: Los Angeles at Union Nightclub.
5. [8 p.m.] The Drop: Ben Harper & Charlie Musselwhite at the GRAMMY Museum.
6. [8 p.m.] Enjoy an Evening of Magic at The Edison in DTLA this Wednesday. No cover.
7. [8:30 p.m.] NTS Wednesday Nights at Ace Hotel Upstairs Bar.
8. [9 p.m.] Dub Club w/ Tanya Stephens Backed By Yellow Wall Dub Squad at Echoplex.
9. [various] Bad Housekeeping at Good Housekeeping in Highland Park pops up every Wednesday now through May 30. On these nights you’ll find libations inspired by bad recipes of the past including a ‘glazed ham’ and cherry cordials cocktail.
10. [various] The VOID’s virtual reality experience Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire is now open in the Glendale Galleria. The “hyper-reality” experience puts players in a 360 virtual world allowing them to touch, smell, and sensing their surroundings.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $15 tix to the Museum of Illusions (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.