You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, August 26, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Poolside is a new immersive abstract painting show at Rhythm Visuals gallery in Downtown L.A. The exhibition features multiple rooms and visual experiences, including one where guests throw water balloons at a white wall to reveal a hidden painting. The exhibit is open Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays from noon to 4 p.m. through September 5. FREE
2. [2 p.m.] Pennywise returns to Hollywood with a second terrifying, immersive event. The Derry Canal Days Festival will open to the public on August 15 at the corner of Hollywood and Vine, drawing from the forthcoming IT Chapter Two, which hits theaters on September 6.
3. [6 p.m.] There’s a Jurassic World-themed game night happening at Scum and Villainy Cantina this Monday. There will be themed food and drinks plus giveaways. FREE
4. [6 p.m.] Seven Grand in Downtown Los Angeles will host a taste through Woody Creek Distillers a family owned grain to glass distillery.
5. [6:30 p.m.] There’s a free Mindful Yoga on the Beach series in the South Sand of the Manhattan Beach Pier this Monday at 6:30 p.m. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Start your week with a free Jam Session at the Ford Theatre. This week’s focus: Contemporary Dance Forms. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] The 3rd Annual NY Dog Film Festival celebrates our love for dogs, illustrated through a two-hour short film showcase. Screenings take place at the Laemmle Royal in West Los Angeles.
8. [7:30 p.m.] The GRAMMY Museum hosts Local Natives for an intimate conversation moderated by Scott Goldman
9. [8 p.m.] Sunset 80’s Night at the Whiskey a Go-Go.
10. [8 p.m.] Kibitz Room Comedy inside Canter’s Deli on Fairfax. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $16.50 tix to Doggie Paradise at the Queen Mary (via Goldstar)