You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, August 27, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] A colorful, winding installation called The Second Home Serpentine Pavilion is now open at the La Brea Tar Pits for the summer and its 100% free for the public to roam and explore. The pavilion is open daily and will run through November 24. FREE
2. [2 p.m.] Pennywise returns to Hollywood with a second terrifying, immersive event. The Derry Canal Days Festival will open to the public on August 15 at the corner of Hollywood and Vine, drawing from the forthcoming IT Chapter Two, which hits theaters on September 6.
3. [5 p.m.] Liquid Kitty Lounge Night with Combo Au Go Go and DJ Charlie X.
4. [7 p.m.] Social Lingo Language Exchange Party at Solidarity in Santa Monica.
5. [7 p.m.] The Creators Society L.A. August 2019 Animation Social at the Riverside Restaurant in Toluca Lake.
6. [7 p.m.] Down some tacos, drink some brews and test your trivia skills this Tuesday during Tacos & Trivia night at Angel City Brewery in DTLA.
8. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer museums series Celebrating John Singleton (1968–2019) will host a free screening of2 Fast 2 Furious this Tuesday. FREE
7. [7:45 p.m.] Mr. C’s Poolside Cinema is back for the sixth year in a row. From June 11 through August 27 Angelenos can indulge in a luxury outdoor movie experience by the pool with a Cipriani menu, classic movie snacks and Peroni Nastro Azzurro. Thelma & Louise will be screened this week.
9. [8 p.m.] Doug Loves Movies at the UCB Franklin.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $16.50 tix to Doggie Paradise at the Queen Mary (via Goldstar)