You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, September 4, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Eataly will host a pizza workshop with Rossopomodoro at La Pizza & La Pasta Restaurant. Tap into pizza making secrets, enjoy two complementary glasses of wine or beer and take home fresh pizza dough.
2. [2 p.m.] Pennywise returns to Hollywood with a second terrifying, immersive event. The Derry Canal Days Festival is now open at the corner of Hollywood and Vine, drawing from the forthcoming IT Chapter Two, which hits theaters on September 6. Online reservations are fully booked but a standby line is available.
3. [2 p.m.] The first-ever Museum of Weed is a 30,000 square foot space of ‘higher learning’ presented by WeedMaps aims to provide insight and history into marijuana through interactive exhibits, Instagram-friendly art installations and a bevy of historical artifacts. The museum is open Wednesday through Sunday now till September 29. Admission starts at $35.
4. [5 p.m.] Wu-Tang Wednesday at Amoeba Hollywood
5. [6:30 p.m.] Massive Attack at The Hollywood Palladium.
6. [7 p.m.] Twilight Concerts returns every Wednesday from August 21 to September 25 for free music performances on the Santa Monica Pier. This week A-Wa, Disco Shrine & Los Angeles Arabs Orchestra will perform. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] On Wednesday nights the Los Angeles Astronomical Society hosts an evening of astronomy at the Garvey Ranch Observatory in Monterey Park, free and open to the public. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] BE KIND, REWIND™ is hosting a 90s Trivia night at The Virgil this Wednesday with five rounds of 90s trivia, plus 90s giveaways, 90s decor, 90s board games, themed cocktails and prizes for those in the best 90s outfits.
9. [8 p.m.] Harry Potter Trivia Night at Idle Hour in North Hollywood.
10. [8 p.m.] Ron Carter Trio with Russell Malone and Donald Vega perform at the Catalina Jazz Club.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $12.50 tix to the L.A. County Fair (via Goldstar)