Every week in Los Angeles there are tons of great things to do (even before the weekend gets started) that we think you ought to have on your radar. With that in mind, we put together a list every Monday morning to keep you in the know about what’s happening in the city you love (or maybe just like).
This week, from Monday, March 12 to Friday, March 16, features California African American Museum Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop Celebration, The Other Art Fair, Venice Art Crawl, Whiskey Festival, Arcade Expo, PaleyFest LA and MUCH more.
Remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
Hope you find the rundown useful and, as always, enjoy your week!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundown sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Monday March 12th, 2018
1. The Museum of Failure returns at a new location on Hollywood and Highland with new exhibits and products that include Juicero, Facebook Gifts, RCA SelectaVision, Pets.com, and Google Wave. There’s also an entire section dedicated to Hollywood with some of the industry’s biggest fails. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. There’s a Nintendo 64 Tournament double header with both Super Smash Bros. and Mario Kart at Arts District Brewing Co. this Monday. Drink, play, and win some swag and bragging rights. Tournaments are free and sign ups are on a first come first serve basis.
3. Chicano artist Barbara Carrasco’s 80-foot mural, L.A. History: A Mexican Perspective, will be the centerpiece of a new exhibit coming to the Natural History Museum this Friday. The mural will be on view through August 18, and is included with general admission to the museum.
4. Catch a free screening of 1991 classic Don’t Tell Mom the Babysitter’s Dead at UCLA with screenwriters Neil Landau and Tara Ison making a special appearance. FREE
5. Greenbar Distillery has teamed up with The Burrito Project and a select list of local bars and restaurants, to provide thousands of burritos to those in need in the Los Angeles area. Simply go to a bar on the list and order a CITY Bright gin cocktail from there Greenbar Distillery will donate a burrito to The Burrito Project. Get more info here.
6. Sacred Fools Theater Company presents We The People a bi-monthly, curated series of new works exploring concerns facing the country and world today. The theme of the show will be “Our Posterity” all proceeds for Mondays show will go to the organization Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America.
Tuesday March 13th, 2018
7. 260LA will host an epic beauty event March 13-18 in Beverly Hills with Korean beauty skincare line Dr. Jart+, hair tool by ghd, and makeup brushes from Artis Brush all at a steep discount.
8. Snacky Tunes heads to the El Rey for a night of live audience recording of the podcast that covers music and food. Guest for the evening include Wexler’s Deli, NIIA and Them Jeans. Ticket includes a plate of food from Wexler’s Deli! Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. Down some tacos, drink some locally brewed beers and test your trivia skills this Tuesday during Tacos & Trivia night at Angel City Brewery in DTLA.
10. Free admission at: Los Angeles County Museum of Art (also free for L.A. County residents with valid I.D. after 3 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays all month long) and Autry Museum of the American West
Wednesday March 14th, 2018
11. The California African American Museum hosts the Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop Celebration this Wednesday in honor of five new exhibit openings. The night will include exhibit tours, DJ sets and food trucks. FREE
12. The 6th Annual STARS of Napa Valley Wine comes to the Peninsula Beverly Hills with magnificent tastes from around 40 of Napa Valley’s finest wineries.
13. Help celebrate Union’s four-year anniversary with a six-course “Farm and Field” dinner. The Pasadena restaurant will highlight local vendors that have been with them since day one including Grist & Toll, Flannery Beef, Dock to Dish seafood, DiStefano Cheese Weiser Family Farms and more.
14. Take a Gin Crafting Class at Greenbar Distillery this Wednesday. Taste a flight of six gins while learning about the history, then guests will learn how to craft their own gin while enjoying gin cocktails.
15. The Setup Comedy showcases a diverse lineup of comedy styles, backgrounds and welcomes both alternative and mainstream acts as long as they’re hilarious. Check them out at the Hollywood Improv.
16. Been thinking about giving back to the community? Checkout Burrito Project L.A. a meet-up that preps burritos to be delivered to folks in need. They’ll be prepping this Wednesday.
17. Take an afternoon yoga class in beautiful Grand Park. The 45 minute workout is complimentary to the public every. After yoga, checkout the many food trucks lining the park and grab lunch al fresco style. FREE
Thursday March 15th, 2018
18. The Other Art Fair is coming the Majestic Downtown March 15-18. The one-of-a-kind art fair, will feature artwork by emerging local and international artists. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
19. The Venice Art Crawl is a free community event that showcases local artists and vendors. The March 15 Art Crawl will take place on Windward Avenue. FREE
20. Los Angeles magazine brings its third annual Whiskey Festival to Santa Monica’s Museum of Flying. Meet master distillers, sip the finest whiskeys, learn new cocktail recipes and experience new labels while you savor gourmet hors d’oeuvres, listen to live music and enjoy unique experiences.
21. National Geographic Live returns to The Broad Stage in Santa Monica on March 15-16 with the live talk Between River & Rim: Hiking the Grand Canyon. In case you’re unfamiliar, Nat Geo Live is an international show that brings real-life nature experiences to local communities.
22. See local comedy/music group The Cooties play their first show of 2018 at The Resident in Downtown Los Angeles.
23. There’s a free mindful awareness meditation going on at the Hammer. Participants are welcome to stay for the entire 30-minute session or leave when they choose. FREE
24. All My Single Friends is described as part comedy show and part live dating app taking place at the Copper Still. If you’re so over Tinder and Bumble check this show out where you’ll be in a room with some of LA’s best comedians and hottest singles.
25. Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.), Pasadena Museum of California Art (from 5 to 8 p.m.) and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.)
Friday March 16th, 2018
26. PAC-MAN and Donkey Kong fans rejoice because the Arcade Expo is returning the Museum of Pinball in Banning from March 16-18 with some 1,100 retro and modern arcade games and pinball machines.
27. Premiere TV festival PaleyFest LA returns to Hollywood’s Dolby Theatre March 16-25 for another year of cutting-edge programs and panels connecting television fans with the stars of their favorite shows. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
28. Kick off St. Patrick’s Day with a midnight screening of Leprechaun at the Vista Theatre in Los Feliz.
29. 8th Annual Beyond Wonderland Festival happening March 16-17 in San Bernardino will feature over 70 performances, Alice and Wonderland themed immersive experiences, art, pyrotechnics and other expressive art forms.
30. ‘The Garden’ is a new series by the LA Phil offering complimentary pre-concert drinks and views of the DTLA Skyline followed by masterful performances. Taking place on select Fridays starting January 5 through June 1. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase to the actual concert. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
31. Girls Nite Out For Laughs, brings together the funniest female comics to The Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. Hosted by Real Housewives of Atlanta’s NeNe Leakes the show features sets from Adele Givens, Loni Love, Melanie Comarcho, Sherri Shepherd and Jess Hilarious. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
32. Kick off St. Patricks day weekend with a Santa Monica pub crawl (March 16 and 17) the crawl includes drink specials at around a dozen venues along Main Street.
33. There’s a Blade 20th anniversary screening in 35mm at Vista Theatre this Friday.
34. Head to Hollywood for an epic St. Patty’s Day Pub Crawl. Join hundreds of partygoers as you roam Hollywood for the best drink specials in town. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
35. Westsiders put on your best green and partake in the annual Santa Monica Luck of the Irish bar crawl March 16-17. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at email@example.com