Every week in Los Angeles there are tons of great things to do (even before the weekend gets started) that we think you ought to have on your radar. With that in mind, we put together a list every Monday morning to keep you in the know about what’s happening in the city you love (or maybe just like).
This week, from Monday, March 26 to Friday, March 30, features a Star Wars VR experience, 329 Day at Golden Road Brewery, a Spring Fling at the L.A. Zoo, The Slurring Bee and MUCH more.
Remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
Hope you find the rundown useful and, as always, enjoy your week!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundown sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Monday March 26th, 2018
1. The VOID’s virtual reality experience Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire is now open in the Glendale Galleria. The “hyper-reality” experience puts players in a 360 virtual world allowing them to touch, smell, and sensing their surroundings.
2. Hangout at the Aquarium of the Pacific at night and see sharks, jellyfish and more in a different light! Happening multiple times this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. Hanging Out with Paul Scheer returns to Largo for a funny round table show where each guest bring in something they think is cool and the discussion takes off from there. This month Jillian Bell, Constance Wu, David Chang and Sharon Van Etten.
4. Stash House, a new escape room in L.A. will allow you and your friends to get actively involved in a crime drama — with zero chance of going to prison.
5. Angel City Brewery will celebrate Women’s Herstory Month this Monday with a presentation, tasting and Q&A with women who have been in beer and brewing. They’ll be showcasing a special cask made with ancient ingredients, along with other samples to sip on.
6. Hot Tub With Kurt And Kristen at The Virgil is one of the most popular weekly variety shows happening on a Monday in Los Angeles.
7. Greenbar Distillery has teamed up with The Burrito Project and a select list of local bars and restaurants, to provide thousands of burritos to those in need in the Los Angeles area. Simply go to a bar on the list and order a CITY Bright gin cocktail from there Greenbar Distillery will donate a burrito to The Burrito Project. Get more info here.
Tuesday March 27th, 2018
8. Visit Virtual Room in Hollywood for a group VR adventure in which you’ll go back in time to ensure a better future.
9. There’s a free double feature at The Hammer on Tuesday. Charlottesville: Race and Terror and The Great White Hoax followed by a discussion led by Brenda Stevenson, professor and Nickoll Family Endowed Chair in History at UCLA. FREE
10. Step inside The Museum of Illusions in Hollywood and find yourself in a classic painting, part of a cartoon, part of current events, inside movies and much more. Highlights include watching the Titanic go down, “climbing” a sheer cliff and other eye popping visuals. Happening all week. (DISCOUNTED) via Goldstar
11. The Museum of Failure returns at a new location on Hollywood and Highland with new exhibits and products that include Juicero, Facebook Gifts, RCA SelectaVision, Pets.com, and Google Wave. There’s also an entire section dedicated to Hollywood with some of the industry’s biggest fails. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Wednesday March 28th, 2018
12. Art @ Tongva presents The Wonder Room, one night of performances and visual art weaved around the gardens and vistas of the park. This event free and open to the public. FREE
13. Bad Housekeeping at Good Housekeeping in Highland Park pops up every Wednesday now through May 30. On these nights you’ll find libations inspired by bad recipes of the past including a ‘glazed ham’ and cherry cordials cocktail.
14. The Garvey Ranch Observatory will host an evening of astronomy with members of the Los Angeles Astronomical Society. Guest will have a chance to go into the dome to view the stars, enjoy a star party on the lawn, and learn how to build their own telescope. The observatory is open to the public on Wednesday nights only. FREE
15. There’s a Belgian beer tasting event at Wurstküche Venice this Wednesday hosted by resident beer expert Wil Starr. The event will include beers from around the globe, exotic sausages and cheeses.
16. Enjoy an Evening of Magic at The Edison in DTLA this Wednesday. No cover.
17. Take a Gin Crafting Class at Greenbar Distillery this Wednesday. Taste a flight of six gins while learning about the history, then guests will learn how to craft their own gin while enjoying gin cocktails.
18. Take an afternoon yoga class in beautiful Grand Park. The 45 minute workout is complimentary to the public every. After yoga, checkout the many food trucks lining the park and grab lunch al fresco style. FREE
Thursday March 29th, 2018
19. It’s 329 Day at Golden Road Brewery. Score pints of 329 Lager for $3.29, fries for $3.29, pitchers of 329 Lager for $13.29 and get a taste of a specialty infused 329 flight.
20. Center Theatre Group’s second annual Block Party shines a spotlight on remarkable theater works created throughout L.A. with new productions of three previously staged shows. See all three works will be performed at Culver City’s Kirk Douglas Theatre from March 29-May 20.
21. The Queen Mary presents its inaugural Queensway 5K on Thursday, where you can walk, run, or jog through Queen Mary’s Events Park and along scenic Long Beach harbor for a good cause.
22. All’s Well That Ends Well is performed by The Independent Shakespeare Co. at Atwater Crossing Arts + Innovation Complex from Thursday – Sunday.
23. Free admission at: Japanese American National Museum (from 5 to 8 p.m.), MOCA Grand & MOCA Geffen (from 5 to 8 p.m.), Skirball Cultural Center (noon to 5 p.m.), Long Beach Museum of Art (3 to 8 p.m.) and USC Pacific Asian Museum (5 to 8 p.m.) FREE
Friday March 30th, 2018
24. Celebrate springtime and the Easter bunny during Big Bunny’s Spring Fling at the Los Angeles Zoo on March 30-31 and April 1. This annual celebration offers lots of family fun, including appearances by the Easter Bunny, a family dance party, crafts and live performances.
25. Decompress at Mystic Journey Crystals in Venice with a crystal sound bath that combines original compositions and performances with crystal singing bowls.
26. The Slurring Bee makes its way to The Virgil this Friday for a bar spelling bee with a money prize, bee-themed prizes and guaranteed slurring if you choose to participate.
27. The new swan-shaped paddle boats are making a big splash with Angelenos. Start the weekend right with a ride on a Swan in Echo Park Lake.
28. ‘The Garden’ is a new series by the LA Phil offering complimentary pre-concert drinks and views of the DTLA Skyline followed by masterful performances. Taking place on select Fridays starting January 5 through June 1. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase to the actual concert. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
29. The Groundlings: The Completely Different Late Show is a hilarious improv show by the cast of the Groundlings’ Main Company. Audience shout suggestions throughout the night for improvisational scenes performed by some of the best in the business. It’s also a testing ground for brand new material for the Groundlings’ main show. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
30. Take a Downtown Los Angeles foodie walking tour and savor what the bustling neighborhood has to offer. The tour is three hours long, participants will stop at six popular spots to eat and the tour guide will take folks through the history of DTLA. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected]