You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, November 2, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Long Beach Airport’s 2019 Festival of Flight is a free celebration featuring aircraft and vehicle displays, live entertainment, food and drink vendors.
2. [10 a.m.] Contemporary Crafts Market happening November 1-3 at the Pasadena Convention Center will feature over 140 artist to help you get all your holiday shopping done.
3. [11 a.m.] Fantastic Planet is a daring public art piece by Australian Artist Amanda Parer that features massive humanoid light installations and will be free and open to the public for viewing October 30 through November 10. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] Enjoy a free pass to all things arts and culture along Grand Ave. in DTLA during Grand Ave. Arts All Access. The day-long event will offer workshops, activities, tours, musical performances, and more, all along Grand Ave. from Temple to 5th. Participating cultural partners include Grand Park, L.A. Opera, The Broad, Central Library, L.A. Phil, Redcat, MOCA and more. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] Complexcon returns to the Long Beach Convention Center (Nov. 2-3) for a music festival and convention showcasing the best in art, food, style, music and more. The musical lineup includes acts like Kid Cudi, Anderson.Paak, Earth Gang and more.
6. [noon] Dia de los Muertos at Hollywood Forever Cemetery returns for 2019 with a massive affair including a traditional procession with Aztec blessings, 100+ altars created by members of the community to their ancestors and loved ones plus hundreds of Aztec Ritual Dancers in full costume. The main stage at this year’s event will feature Cafe Tacvba, Lido Pimienta, La Dona, The Derlirians, and Savila.
7. [11 a.m.] Shipwrecked brings the tiki community together for a celebration of all things tiki with over 30 vendors selling unique wares, tropical cocktails, food and live entertainment at The Warehouse in Marina del Rey.
8. [4 p.m.] Self Help Graphics & Art Día de los Muertos Celebration takes place in Boyle Heights and features processions, a Day of the Dead-themed art exhibition, local food and craft vendors and free community art workshops. FREE
9. [2 p.m.] HARD Day of the Dead is an epic EDM party at L.A. State Historic Park that includes top acts like Dog Blood (Skrillex + Boys Noize), the Martinez Brothers, Zhu’s BLACKLIZT project, TOKiMONSTA, Damian Lazarus, Elohim, Justin Martin and more.
10. [various] Creep L.A. presents the fifth installment of HAUS OF CREEP an immersive 75-minute experience that takes guests in a bizarre world where reality and performance art blur in a very dark way. HAUS OF CREEP will run from September 13 through November 3 on all weekends with some weeknights available.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $35 tix to the LA Haunted Hayride (via Goldstar)