You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, December 18, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] 260LA will host a Reformation sample sale from December 17-22 in their Beverly Hills location.
2. [noon] Corey Helford Gallery’s sixth annual Art Collector Starter Kit group show highlights affordable 12” x 12” works from 100 top New Contemporary artists, giving new art collectors and enthusiasts a chance to buy an original piece from artists. The show will be on view through January 18, 2020. Gallery hours are noon to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday. FREE
3. [noon] The Scenario Studio is offering a free pop-up photo experience on Rodeo Drive daily through December 22. FREE
4. [4 p.m.] The Macaroni Kid Polar PJ Party comes to SteelCraft Long Beach for a late afternoon of winter-themed games, crafting, stories, and even free hot cocoa for kids. FREE
5. [sunset] Grand Park’s Winter Glow is a free night time art experience covering 12 acres of Grand Park in Downtown Los Angeles and the newly renovated Music Center Plaza. Whimsical artistic projections and light displays will illuminate paths and play off of the park’s most iconic elements. The holiday-inspired event will run nightly from Dec. 6 to 25. FREE
6. [5:30 p.m.] Descanso Gardens’ Enchanted Forest of Light returns for another installment with a host of interactive displays and nighttime activities from November 17 through January 5, 2020. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. [6 p.m.] The W Los Angeles West Beverly Hills location will host a free movie screening of Elf on the WET Deck with complimentary popcorn from STK Los Angeles as well as hot toddies, spiked cocoa and drinks from the fun outdoor Airstream bar. FREE
8. [7 p.m.] Head to Brouwerij West in San Pedro for Trivia Nights hosted by King Trivia every Wednesday starting at 7 p.m. it’s free to play!
9. [7:30 p.m.] Head down to The Walt Disney Concert Hall for the 39th Annual Messiah Sing-Along, with you as the performer! The event invites the audience to participate and sing along to the performance with the LA Master Chorale.
10. [7:30 p.m.] The team behind LA’s award-winning series For The Record has a new production coming to The Wallis’ Bram Goldsmith Theater. Richard Curtis’s Love Actually will be transformed into a one-of-a-kind multimedia screen and stage event starting November 27. The film and live music blend together as the story unfolds throughout the London setting. Performances continue through December 29. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $21 tix to Deck the Hall Holiday Concerts at Disney Concert Hall (via Goldstar)